Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Never again!!!!???

I taught my aunt (82 years young) to make a StacknWhack quilt. I promised her I would quilt it on my shortarm before I had to take it down to make way for my longarm. Well, she finally got it to the point where I could do that. I told her right from the very beginning (and at least a hundred times during the making)to cut her threads as she goes along. Guess what? Not one thread was cut!!!!! I spent 4-5 hours cleaning it first.Oh, well, I finally got it on the frame and it is really beautiful. I will post a picture but it is without the binding on it. I showed her how to make scallops and she is doing the binding now. When she saw the quilt all quilted, her smile was worth it all!!! Love my Aunt Betty.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That is a gorgous quilt. Love the colors.

Blog Entries
    That is an absolutely beautiful, very well made quilt. Clipping the threads gave you time to know the quilt first hand. She did a super job. It is beautiful. When I am 82 I hope I have someone to clip my threads and teach me new and fun things. Bravo to you. Job well done.

I love it. It's the first Stack and Whack that has inspired me to try it. Beautiful :D

Bravo for your Aunt. At least spending 4-5 hours snipping threads you got to relax for a while. A wonderful quilt and I especially like the scalloped border.

It is beautiful. I love stack and whack. I'm sure she appreciates all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by jlong
    I love it. It's the first Stack and Whack that has inspired me to try it. Beautiful :D
    my thoughts exactly!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I can say this is one of the first stack & wacks that I can truly say is absolutely georgious. I love the rich blue color and the sashing around each block gives it a uniformed look. I can only hope and wish that when I'm 82 I can do wonderful work like your aunt has done. Kuddos to you for showing her how to make this quilt. Thank you for sharing!!

Banned
    wow, gorgeous work.

Beautiful.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast