Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
new floral blocks--not log cabins  :-) >

new floral blocks--not log cabins :-)

new floral blocks--not log cabins :-)

Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 PM

they are so pretty. Great for spring!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:43 PM

Very pretty table toppers. I like that size for a topper too. Some larger ones take up too much table space.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum View Post
lol--I miss working on them! The Back to Nature and horse quilt sidetracked me--and there are so many other pretty patterns in the world to try! My floral strips are collecting dust. ;-) But--I'll get some going in a bit. I have 20 items on consignment at a local folklore-stuff store and some have sold! I'm excited to have a great place to put them.

The pain from this thing is right up there with labor. My husband said it's the first time he's ever seen me cry from pain--and this is the second issue in two weeks. One of the horses slammed into my thigh with her head over two weeks ago--and that was very painful too. Dang. At least the doc said this is not an old lady issue--young people get it too. Whew. lol

OUCH! some more!!! ... can't speak for horses butting ... can totally relate, having had a cow go at me much the same when on the wash rack at a show!!

So "milk" it for all you can and declare that you need LOTS Of R+R time aka quilting before you can be back doing everything!!! I'll hope I don't miss your threads when the floral log cabins return .... not that I don't like these ones!! They speak of Spring and Easter, oh so nicely!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 PM

Beautiful. I love the pattern. I guess I'll have to bookmark it and hope to make it some day. I have so many, I'll never get around to half of them.

sassy granny
Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 PM

These all are so beautiful it's hard to find a favorite. I'm glad you're on the mend tho. This is the time to do those little reflection thingy and create something entirely out of your realm. Congrats on the sells. Even in hard times people still need to buy something special for themselves to have something real to hang onto.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:50 PM

Your blocks are absolutely beautiful. I can see the flowers and the butterflies.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by trolleystation View Post
Your blocks are absolutely beautiful. I can see the flowers and the butterflies.
Oh good! I didn't think they'd be seen with the photos resized so small. Yay!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
OUCH! some more!!! ... can't speak for horses butting ... can totally relate, having had a cow go at me much the same when on the wash rack at a show!!

So "milk" it for all you can and declare that you need LOTS Of R+R time aka quilting before you can be back doing everything!!! I'll hope I don't miss your threads when the floral log cabins return .... not that I don't like these ones!! They speak of Spring and Easter, oh so nicely!
For the first time since 2001--Mark had to help with chores--only in the evening though-and only for three days. He cleaned pastures and filled stall buckets. I had to get up at 4 AM to take meds to get through morning chores. BUT--it's been tremendously better today. I even tossed some hay bales and took horses for long walks. Yay!!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:30 PM

Love these blocks, simply beautiful. Are these batiks?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Very pretty.