Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New floral log cabin blocks--unfinished toppers, and bags!

Blog Entries

New floral log cabin blocks--unfinished toppers, and bags!

knew folks here would want to see some floral log cabin blocks. Borders are next. There are as many fall themed ones almost done.

A friend sent a pattern for easy bags, so I made a lunch bag to see what the whole bag thing was all about, and I'm delighted with it. So, next I experimented with using leftover blocks--trying to work measurements out with the bottom, and I wanted to try French seams. I make a fabric envelope for a heavy piece of plastic or cardboard for the bottom. I was happy with how all that came out.

So, now I have bag designs whirling in my head, BUT I need to finish a few more Talk-About Books first. I've made 22 of those so far...nine have sold. I'm building stock for a big craft show at the end of September.

Photos:
    Floral blocks---lunch bag (front, back, inside)---bigger bag (front, bag, inside)
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image    Click to view large image 
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-25-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Feline Fanatic was supposed to arrive last night for a full day of fabric shopping today, but she had car troubles and ended up in a hotel for the night--two hours away. After working with a garage, she thought all was well and was on her way, but the troubles started again, so she's decided to limp the car home. She was bringing the Back to Nature she quilted for me and was even planning on being in the barn with me at 6 AM for chores! Hopefully, we can try next weekend! Poor woman! What a pain this has been for her.

Love your work! I am going to steal the colors, etc. from one of your first floral log cabin postings to make a 'wedding' quilt for my granddaughter. I noticed you don't start with a small block piece to build on for your blocks. Everything is very pretty! Well done!

Fantastic job on all. I really like the floral log cabins and your purse is very nice.

I like the idea of floral log cabins.
    Log cabins are really the most versatle block ever!

She does start with a small block to build around, it is the way she set it that if your not looking closely it looks as if she didn't. Check where the white starts.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

LOVE all those florals in your log cabin blocks!!
    Pat

Blog Entries
    love your floral blocks

Blog Entries
    What a great job you did on these projects!

I love the floral log cabins. Beautiful.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast