Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A New Quilt Rack ... solid, low cost and easy peasy! >

A New Quilt Rack ... solid, low cost and easy peasy!

A New Quilt Rack ... solid, low cost and easy peasy!

Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 AM

Actually, you can use the 89 cent coat/robe hooks found at Home Depot and Lowes for this...which is where I found mine, in nickel. I used this idea to mount my design wall (a very large flannel fabric I'd sewn together in off white with a pocket at the top). Slide the fabric on the wood closet rod (left an opening in the center for a 3rd coat hook) and onto the wall where DH had installed all 3 coat hooks. It cost me less than $10 and I love it...and it holds up a lot of fabric blocks, etc. I have it hanging over my closet opening in my quilt room.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:54 AM

I did this. I used the curtain "pull backs" you know the metal side hooks holding curtains back.
Instead of mounting them sideways, mount upside down at the top. Big enough to hold dowel. They are every where, in any curtain department. Target, Walmart, JC Penny, they come 2 in a package.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by champagnebubbles View Post
I did this. I used the curtain "pull backs" you know the metal side hooks holding curtains back.
Instead of mounting them sideways, mount upside down at the top. Big enough to hold dowel. They are every where, in any curtain department. Target, Walmart, JC Penny, they come 2 in a package.
Yes ... I actually had a set of these picked out, then decided on the coat hooks, as I could keep it closer to the ceiling, to keep my length. As it is, I will be pinning the bottom up for this quilt ...................
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421054[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pccomplete-14-.jpg