Ok so this is the new cancer quilt I am doing - it can either be 6 squares or 12 - I had 4 done but can only use 3 of them. Each square is a different color to represent the different awareness ribbons.
I thought this would be harder than it is because the pieces are smaller than I have ever used - but it only takes about 3/8 of each color in the square - actually less but I bout 3/8 of a yard.
When I am done I found this really cool leopard print that has yellow; black; pint; lavendar; pearl; teal; grey; zebra print and jade in it - almost all the colors I'm using if I make it to 12 panels - I will use that as the border and sashing between the blocks...it will be busy...but the kids wanted it.
Ok the last photo is the lavender - I loved the look and feel of the material...BUT the flower print - every needle stitch shredded the material - it stretched something fierce and wouldn't work with my sewing machine or serger...so I'll be re-doing it.
I have to say the pattern is easy and I've used the tube method to make the triangle/squares. Machine stitching its taken about an hour per square to cut and sew.
I'll post as I get more - I have soccer in the a.m. so I'll lose about 6 hours of quilting time for my other passion!
all 4 squares but I can't use the top left one
top left/lavendar (purple) material is horrible