I decided to try to do one ninepatch every day this summer. I set about my task and here is the finished product. I used only pieces I had already cut into three inch squares (I do this as a matter of habit with my scraps as I finish a quilt). I have quite a stack of just three inch squares.
Many of the patches do not have matching "darks" or matching "lights" but I tried to put together a pleasing patch with the squares on hand. Even the sashing was from my stash, as well as the backing.
I didn't make too much of a dent in the scrap boxes, but I sure had a lot of fun making the quilt top.
the quilt top
a "mismatched" patch