A couple years ago, the Nordic Snowflakes pattern was featured by Angela Walters on her blog, and I immediately knew that I wanted to make it for my mom. I think my mom had a sweater once upon a time that looked like this, which is why I made such a strong connection to her the moment I saw it. I ran out and bought the Dec 2013 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. I couldn't start right away because I had some other projects to finish, but I spent the next 9 months or so thinking about it, knowing it was on the horizon. I finally found the perfect fabric, with red-on-red snowflakes on it. I finished it earlier this year but didn't want to post any pictures until after I'd given it to her.
This pattern was designed by Gudrun Erla of GE Designs, and it's the most challenging pattern I've made so far. Those snowflakes are made up of 1.5" stripes... a lot of them! Machine pieced on a Brother PQ1500S, and machine quilted on a Bailey 17" on a Grace frame.
Thanks for looking!