Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nurse Bonnie - Sneak peek - Quilt for Quilters- feedback needed!

Nurse Bonnie - Sneak peek - Quilt for Quilters- feedback needed!

Nurse Bonnie likes surprised so I don't want her to see it but... I'd like to have some feedback.
    I am designing her quilt using part of a quilt on a tutorial from Missouri Star Co, It is a 4- 4 patch block with an X block around. The idea is to add boarders and add either applique flowers on the boarder or a row of applique blocks around the center.
    So far I only have 2 blocks done with the fabrics I will use. Background is white and the quilt is in lilacs as it is a color my partner likes.

See the picture and let me know what do you think. Is it boring due to the lack of other colors? If I wanted to add some color to it, I thought on the applique. What color do you think it will be nice? And, Is it ok if the center is only lilac and white and the boarders have the added color?

The center will be alternate 4-4 patches and X blocks, 3 per row, 3 columns.

thanks for your feedback!
    andrea-leakus
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

I like it! Of course, I like purple ... and the variety of fabrics and the pattern. I look forward to seeing the whole finished quilt.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    Looks nice and I'm sure the applique will really add a punch, but I'm not understanding where the border's are going to be placed
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

It looks really good! I think she likes yellow and purple so maybe add some yellow?
    Last edited by mighty; 01-22-2013 at 07:56 PM.

A purple field on white will be lovely. I would think about adding green to the borders for a bit on contrast. I love purple and green together.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I always think purples need a splash of yellow to make them pop!!! Just noticed that you live in Margate, FL. I have a friend that lives close to there in Coconut Creek and I have actually been in Margate! What a small world!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

oooooh..pretty! I love purple, & you have a nice variety of color & patterns! Can't wait to see how you decide to finish it.

That is so pretty and maybe you could find a purple green and yellow combination print for the border. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    I actually don't think it needs any other color. The variety of puples contrasting off the whites gives it enough depth. Looks great!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Oh, I always think purples need a splash of yellow to make them pop!!! Just noticed that you live in Margate, FL. I have a friend that lives close to there in Coconut Creek and I have actually been in Margate! What a small world!
    When I lived in Plantation and Sunrise, I used to travel weekly to my best friends' house in Margate!
    Nancy in western NY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast