Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Nursery in black and cream

A young gal that is a very good friend approached me about doing her nursery in black and cream and she favored the toile fabric as the dominant fabric. We found the baby themed black and cream toile in Houston and then spent a lot of time searching on the internet for compatible fabrics, but I believe we came up with great fabrics. The quilt was simple to make, and she loved the way it turned out. I made the bumper pads which I had never done and this was a challenge, but I was very pleased with the outcome. Also, hand embroidered the Mother's Pockets piece and had it framed.

Nursery
    Name:  Attachment-71954.jpe
Views: 340
Size:  42.7 KB

Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-71955.jpe
Views: 168
Size:  83.8 KB

Bumper pads
    Name:  Attachment-71956.jpe
Views: 187
Size:  45.6 KB

Hand Embroidered Piece - My first post and I don't know how to turn the photo
    Name:  Attachment-71959.jpe
Views: 170
Size:  45.5 KB

Wow, what a beautiful nursery. You did a beautiful job on everything. It's funny how most people decorate a nursery in pastel when in fact babies see high contrast black and white best. :thumbup:

they are all lovely, and you did a great job on your first try at the bumper pads :D

I love it. I had a friend who did the same thing, throw some soft pink, or really any pastel, and it is beautiful beyond words.

You all did a lovely job.

It it lovely, It's surprising how charming the black and white is for a baby.

Blog Entries
    Very striking & beautiful!! :thumbup: You have done a great job making all of these nursery items for her baby!! Thank you for sharing with all of us!!
    :D :D :D :D

I would never have thought of these colors for a nursery looks great

You did a wonderful job! I love the bumper pads! It looks great with several prints instead of all one color/print. Great idea!

There is no way I'd ever choose black and white (or cream) for a nursery, but you did a beautiful job on it.

I have to wonder what that will do to a baby's developing eyesight. Other than that, the fabrics and the entire look are charming.

What a beautiful room. Can't say I have ever seen this colour combo in a nursery, and unless you were to see the pics, it would be hard to visualise. Love the bumpers and the quilt....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast