Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Oh, for baby! >

Oh, for baby!

Oh, for baby!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM

One more project finished and delivered, grandmother seemed pleased at what I had done. Chris
Old 07-27-2011, 07:14 PM

Sorry, I don't know why the pictures didn't show up. I will put them in the community webshots page if anyone is interested. Chris
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by seweasy
Sorry, I don't know why the pictures didn't show up. I will put them in the community webshots page if anyone is interested. Chris
Did you preview after you attached them? If you did they disappear. Would love to see your pics.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM

I put the pictures in the album called Baby Projects on http://community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me.

I don't think I click to preview them but must have done something not quite right! I've never posted any on this forum. Please take a look! Chris
Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 PM

Well, I don't what is going on tonight but the link in the last message isn't working!!! Click on the link for webshots in the first message, I checked it, it's working! Chris
Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 PM

The link in your last post, went to error (I think because the period at the end of the link has become part of the link), but the one in your signature line works. Love your baby projects! Could you tell me what type of diapers you used for the burp pads? I made one so far, but wound up cutting it apart and taking the extra padding out of the center as it seemed too bulky. It came out nicely, but was extra work. Any advice you can offer is appreciated.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 PM

A little period can make a such a big difference! I had some problems with the diapers to. I used Carter's from Walmart. My embroidery machine didn't like the fleece padding at all, I lost track of the number of needles I broke. Trying to figure out what the problem was, I took one of the diapers apart, what was in the center looked like quilters' fleece. Sometimes, the needles would break trying to go through the layers and would break off on the surface.
I think if I get asked again to make the burp pads and they want the thick pads, I will buy the diaper fabric, do the embroidery; then add the fleece padding, fold and stitch the fleece in place. Chris
Old 07-27-2011, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I took the diaper apart, took the wadding out and put an extra layer of diaper fabric in its place, then sewed them back over where they were originally sewed. After embroidering the design, I added a flannel backing. It seemed to work well. I am glad to hear that you had issues with the wadding also. Thanks for sharing your experience.