Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Okay--the FINAL fabrics for the Bargello .  Progress pix start on pg 8 - Heavy sigh. >

Okay--the FINAL fabrics for the Bargello . Progress pix start on pg 8 - Heavy sigh.

Okay--the FINAL fabrics for the Bargello . Progress pix start on pg 8 - Heavy sigh.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:03 PM

It's going to be beautiful, Karla!!!

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon! I, for one, am tired of being sick all the time. Seems I get rid of this crud and a week later I have it back again. I've gone to the doc, but they just say...Tylenol will help with the body aches and it just has to work it's way out. That's all fine, well and good, but can ya give me SOMETHING to get rid of it permanently?

I, too, am sure that once you get to feeling better and the weather gets warmer, the kids will settle down. Sounds like "cabin fever" may be kicking in early?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

I seriously doubt that this will be a disaster...nothing you ever do turns out badly! :wink: (I promise I won't ask Mark or the kids about that LOL!) I'm really interested to watch it though- I've never made one..I'm really not sure if I like them or not.

I know what you mean about the barn. Maybe you should scoop up some of the smell to take with you back in the house...oh, of course, if you bring your boots in...it would be there..but should help?? :D:
Old 01-14-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I seriously doubt that this will be a disaster...nothing you ever do turns out badly! :wink: (I promise I won't ask Mark or the kids about that LOL!) I'm really interested to watch it though- I've never made one..I'm really not sure if I like them or not.

I know what you mean about the barn. Maybe you should scoop up some of the smell to take with you back in the house...oh, of course, if you bring your boots in...it would be there..but should help?? :D:
Boots in... :lol: :lol: I've done that before--and that's why we had to buy a new rug for by the door and why my boots are always left in the back room. :lol:

I have a 3 day weekend with little plans besides horses, wash, and school work.... so hoping I can get a lot done on this baby!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Yup...mine sit right inside the backdoor..mud and all. I learned the hard way that with so many cats around the carport that I shouldn't keep them outside.

Have fun on your long weekend!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Your fabrics are gorgeous. Can't wait to see.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:53 PM

I can't wait to see it when it is done.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Gosh, picking out the fabrics for a quilt is usually my favorite part, but this task has been daunting! BUT this is how it's going to go...no more changes. :roll:

I have over half the strips cut, then discovered one batik was short--35" rather than 40-42". I didn't want that to cause troubles later, so I took about seven fabrics to a Mennonite shop this morning and found three more that had possibilities... I used two here.

I did cut one fabric the opposite direction--NOT selvege to selvege because of the print. I'll be careful--and batiks don't seem to stretch the way normal kinds of cottons do.

I still have a lot of cutting to do... but some day I'll be back with some photos of this done! :thumbup:
I think picking the right combination of fabric colors is the hardest part of making a bargello quilt. But then again the right combination of fabric colors is the key to making an average bargello and a stunning bargello quilt. After that making, it is not that hard.It does take time and attention to details, but the fabric colors and placement is the key.