Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG! I never intended to design it like this!

Yes, I really did design a 7-SIDED KALEIDOSCOPE BLOCK!!! I remember that day in Dec. when I did lots of circles, angles, patterns and when I laid it out, I couldn't get the 8th wedge in!!! Oh no....that means either two darks or two lights come together in the block. I continued anyway. I tore pages out of a phone book, drew my patterns, strip pieced the wedge, laid the pattern on top, cut it out adding 1/4" around, and voila....7 sides instead of 8! Must've grabbed the wrong pattern!! haha. What do we do now????? What was I thinking???? I now have an odd quilt. I just laid the blocks out all sewn together except the bottom left is just laid out for now. We'll make the best of it!! We can turn it around!! I hope. Thanks for looking at my K block gone bad! :oops: :oops: :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You could always put it together however it will go, then turn under the raw edges 1/4" & machine applique it onto a background - maybe a black one... ? :D
    It is very cool looking!

Blog Entries
    we all make wonderful things out of our "accidents".
    keep going, it will be beautiful.

It looks okay, too...BUT if you move one piece, it might be okay (note: MIGHT)....on the bottom left piece....there's a red next to the empty space...switch that with the light blue and see what happens??????

Oh - never mind...then you'd have 2 lights together!!! Yeah, black background...that'd work!

Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    You could always put it together however it will go, then turn under the raw edges 1/4" & machine applique it onto a background - maybe a black one... ? :D
    It is very cool looking!

I like that idea!! Black background sounds perfect and applique it on like a Dresden Plate? That may work great. I am now skeptical that it won't come together like it's pictured because of the odd size. thank you, zyx, I think I'll go with your idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    we all make wonderful things out of our "accidents".
    keep going, it will be beautiful.
    that's so true! Thank you!

:D

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    It looks okay, too...BUT if you move one piece, it might be okay (note: MIGHT)....on the bottom left piece....there's a red next to the empty space...switch that with the light blue and see what happens??????

Oh - never mind...then you'd have 2 lights together!!! Yeah, black background...that'd work!
    Yes, I have my choice in each block to either put 2 darks side by side or 2 lights. I can choose 2 darks and my 2nd dark would be all MED. darks to distinguish one from another. That could work well. I can tell this project is going to be fun. I can picture me making a wheel out of this, adding a body, and making it look like a gigantic WAGON!!! I'll fill it with flowers then! haha.

:-D :D

Could you put them together like rectangles instead of '7'agons?

ETA: Oops......didn't pick up that they are already sewn. Sorry :oops:

Power Poster
    Worse come to worse, you could make placemats with them

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tapioca
    Could you put them together like rectangles instead of '7'agons?

ETA: Oops......didn't pick up that they are already sewn. Sorry :oops:
    You were right!! They aren't all sewed together, just individually they are. The blocks are all just laying out relaxing and waiting to see what I'll do with them. hahah. I don't think they will fit together, 2 will, maybe 3 will, but 4 won't go. Yikes.

:D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast