Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One down, forty more to go! >

One down, forty more to go!

One down, forty more to go!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM

Tiffany, I emphathize with you. But hang in there...remember that He doesn't give us more than we can handle.

And the quilts are lovely!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:51 PM

Wow, i never would have thought peach could go with black and red, but it looks awesome! Unbelievable the colours in the second one, they are both very beautiful. Please take care, thinking of you
Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM

Your quilts are very pretty! Nice work! Sorry to hear about your fil. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. I also love the quilt in your avatar!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Had been missing you, and wondered. Sorry to hear about your troubles with health and quilts, but so glad to see that you are doing some better. Am sending good thoughts your way for continued improvement. The UFO challenge sounds like a good idea that I might like to share with my guild. Can you give a few more specifics on how it works? How much time was given?

And btw, those quilts are gorgeous!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:28 AM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Sorry to hear that you are going through hard times, i really liked the first black, white and red quilt. i have noticed that you havent been writing your usual novels lately..hehehe and consider you the encyclopeadia of quilting knowledge and always read your informative 'novels' as you seem to have a wealth of knowledge and i am the sponge that needs to absorb as much as humanly possible! Hope all goes well for all concerned.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 AM

Hi Tiffany! I wondered where you were. I missed you!! :D

Your projects are gorgeous. I never would have thought red, white and black for log cabin--it's perfect, esp. for V-day! Your other one is stunning. The applique scares me--but I'd love to try the rest. How big is that one?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:51 AM

They are both beautiful, you always do such nice work :D

I will say a prayer for FIL
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 AM

All your work is gorgeous.....

I am sorry about your FIL.. Prayers said for him and I hope you are feeling better soon too..
Old 03-06-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nina
Tiffany, I emphathize with you. But hang in there...remember that He doesn't give us more than we can handle.

And the quilts are lovely!
Yeah, but it also says we can handle all things. :P

I deeply appreciate the prayers and good thoughts. They truly help and right now I can use all the prayers I can get!!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
How big is that one?
The big one is 40x40 inches. It comes from Christine Porter's book "Quilt Designs from Decorative Floor Tiles." The book is amazing and I love the designs but the piecing instructions are a nightmare! They're off on how much fabric to buy, off on how to put it together; it was very frustrating! :evil:

The applique in the middle is actually just sewn on with a satin stitch. I got lazy. :wink:

The UFO Challenge is a great one for quilt guilds and is pretty easy to run. You simply have people sign up to finish a quilt and many people will put down a specific quilt (such as wedding ring or log cabin) but I tend to put down 'wallhanging' or 'bed quilt' - which lets me fudge around a bit if I need to change what I'm doing. Our guild announces it about 4 months ahead of time, though because we always have one in the spring several of us know to get started earlier if we need to. The only restriction is that if someone doesn't finish a UFO by the night it is due, they must pay a $5 fine. It's the only real fund raiser we do like that within Intraguild and tends to be great incentive for people like me who would rather spend the $5 on fabric or at the quilt store rather than paying it as a fine. :lol: The best part is when everyone shows their UFO's and tells the stories behind it. I am always amazed by the talent and creativity of those around me. Quilters are just amazing people!!!
~Tiffany