Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One thing lead to another... >

One thing lead to another...

One thing lead to another...

Old 09-14-2011, 10:06 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

I needed to change my presser foot and the needle, and decided it was time to clean the lint out of my vintage Bernina. It always amazes me how much stuff builds up in there! So, now I'm ready for the new presser foot. Opened the box of "spare parts", took one look at that tangled mess and decided this was the day! Wish I'd taken a "before" photo, but I'll bet you can guess what it looked like. I emptied all the bobbins, because what was left from the previous owner. Who knows what it was.

So, here is Betsy's purty box. Now if I only knew what that little black gizmo in the middle is for! :?:

the best part is, I found a 1/4" foot, and a one for FMQ I didn't know I had! But I seem to be missing one. Hmmmm...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256546.jpe  
Old 09-14-2011, 10:10 AM

that black thing in the middle is called a " thingamajig".... your welcome... hehehhehe

Oh wow, very nice. Giving me some ideas! The parts for my machines are all wee baggies....this is waaaaay better!
Maureen

It's a screwdriver... I had one like it once. The point goes into the screw head and keeps the driver in place as your using it. Somewhere you have a screw head with a hole in it to accomidate the driver. For some reason I keep thinking the needle area... Just a thought.. :)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 AM

Is the 'missing one' on your machine? lol
Old 09-14-2011, 10:20 AM

So organized!!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
It's a screwdriver... I had one like it once. The point goes into the screw head and keeps the driver in place as your using it. Somewhere you have a screw head with a hole in it to accomidate the driver. For some reason I keep thinking the needle area... Just a thought.. :)
I have a simular screwdriver, and thsi was my first thought too.. but with the pic zoomed in... it appears to be a poke or pointed end.. not a screw driver end... ( I am able to chg feet/hoops etc with my little scredriver)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
then it would be the little screw you use to tighten the needle in. I just have a mini screw driver for my bernina
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM

Special screwdriver for the needle holder. Works very well on my Bernina.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 AM

I bet that the black thing in the center of the photo is a needle threader. It looks similar to this one in the link, but doesn't have the metal piece on it. http://www.thecolorfulworldofsewing....-threader.aspx
If there is 4 points on the end with a flat piece of metal that comes out the center than this is what it is. Once you get use to it they are the best invention since sliced bread!