Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Opinions on quilting >

Opinions on quilting

Opinions on quilting

Old 04-30-2008, 07:18 AM

Your star is so pretty. I haven't tried anymore stars like this since the first time I made one. I'm my own worst enemy and if it isn't perfect I will keep remaking it till it is. I would like to try the Mariner's star or the Carpenter's star. Did you paper piece? This is something I want to learn. As far as your quilting, it's beautiful. I can't do a lot of hand quilting because of having double carpal tunnel surgery. That's what 30 years in the floral business will do for you. Have to machine quilt 90% of my stuff. I have some pieces of my grandmother's and everything was hand pieced and quilted back then and not always are all the stitches always the same so don't worry about it. Your mom is going to be thrilled. I'm making my mom a Christmas quilt throw and have about 15 quilted stockings to finish. She needed new ones for her house for us big kids and the grand kids. Also I live your colors. They rock.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:15 PM

I just wanted to thank everyone again.

Debra Mc, I feel for you with your wrist. I have lost muscle in both my arms and some days I can't lift my coffee cup. It stinks. My quilt is PP. I am hooked on it. I always had a problem getting my points right and I believe that was one reason I gave up years ago. Right now I am teaching my daughter to PP. She has made a few beautiful pieces and is now trying to hand quilt them. She ask for a sewing machine for her birthday and we picked one out. She is putting some miles on it. :D

The reason I hand quilt is because I don't like trying to move all the bulk around on my machine. As an add bonus, I get to sit in front of the t.v. and watch a movie. lol Something I don't get to do very often.