Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Other new ventures >

Other new ventures

Other new ventures

Old 09-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Quiltmaker 101,

I forgot to mention that I really love your potholder. Nice colors & cute design. I have been meaning to do some teapots & tea cups on something but haven't decided if I want to do them in a wall hanging or on the pockets of a tote bag or what. I like your idea of putting them on pot holders! Very nice! :D

Pam
Old 09-24-2007, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pam Pollock
Do you remember which online source you got your insul-brite batting? I may do a few pot holders too.

Thanks!
Pam
I don't know what the filling is called. I bought it at a local shop. It has teflon over thick batting. Made especially for pot holders. It wasn't cheap!

I covered that with regular batting and then had to really fight to get my machine to quilt around the cup. I don't think I will attempt that again! I thought for sure it would be in the shop again after the first needle broke and I couldn't find the end of it.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
THAT's gorgeous!! None of my grands do any sewing :cry: They call me to do it! sniff sniff
I know how you feel. My daughter is 19 and wouldn't sew anything to save her life. She looks at me like I asked her to shave her head when I offer to teach her to make a quilt, or anything!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 AM

Quiltmaker 101,

I forgot to mention that I really love your potholder. Nice colors & cute design. I have been meaning to do some teapots & tea cups on something but haven't decided if I want to do them in a wall hanging or on the pockets of a tote bag or what. I like your idea of putting them on pot holders! Very nice! :D

Pam
Pam,
I have been collecting china-looking fabrics for some time now. I especially like ones that look like Dutch china. Delft blue I think they call it on white.
I also saved some of my daughter's baby clothes scraps to add to them. Lately I have found gorgeous teapot and cups, and coffee theme fabrics too. Some day I will design my own teacup, teapot and coffee quilt for the hubby and I to get cozy under! I am a teatotaller, and he's a major coffee drinker! :lol:
Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 AM

Quiltmaker 101,

I like your idea of the Dutch china looking fabric...that will be neat. I had a little play set like that when I was a child. Your daughters baby clothes scraps will make it extra special. I have been saving material also for teapots & cups in a Delft blue & yellow. I have enough material gathered to do a quilt but haven't put it at the top of my "to do" list yet. I am a teatotaller also. I do love the smell of coffee though!

Pam
Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 AM

Pam, I think I might make the china/teapot quilt to look like placesettings around a table. That would be different, wouldn't it? It would be a wall hanging, I guess.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:38 PM

Quiltmaker 101,
I like your idea. Are you starting it anytime soon? I'll look forward to seeing it. If only there were more hours in a day!!! So many ideas...so little time!! :cry:

Pam
Old 09-29-2007, 08:46 AM

That is so sweet that's a lot of work and you make it look easy :D :D :D
Old 09-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Quiltmaker 101,
I like your idea. Are you starting it anytime soon? I'll look forward to seeing it. If only there were more hours in a day!!! So many ideas...so little time!! :cry:

Pam
Amen to the more hours in a day. I could have gotten so many things done today, but got a migraine instead. Wipes me out.

No, the china quilt is behind a long line of other projects. But when I do get to work on it, I hope it will look like a still life by Cezanne.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Migranes are no fun at all!!! I had a headache that wouldn't go away all day Sunday so I didn't get any sewing done either. Sounds like your quilt will have a very artsy perspective. It should be fun!

Pam

I hope it will look like a still life by Cezanne. [