Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110

Thread: Over the River black/white quilt

  1. #91
    Super Member rusty quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ft. Gratiot, MI
    Posts
    1,660
    Blog Entries
    1
    What a cool looking quilt. I have never made a black and white--but you have me inspired!

  2. #92
    Super Member Ps 150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,305
    I got my pattern in the mail, today! So excited to get it started!
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

  3. #93
    Super Member buddy'smom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,172
    What color are you doing? Would love to see a picture when done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
    I got my pattern in the mail, today! So excited to get it started!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

  4. #94
    Super Member Ps 150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    What color are you doing? Would love to see a picture when done.
    I don't know. :/ I was really thinking I liked blue and white, but then I saw yours and I love the beautiful, rustic look of the black and white...I might need to make a brown and cream one, too. But, I don't think I will be doing the blue and white one, now. I love the antique feel of yours, so I think I'll do that. I have a few quilts I'm working on now, so I'm hoping to have those finished in time to make this one before the holidays.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

  5. #95
    Super Member buddy'smom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,172
    Thank you so much. I went to a quilt show last weekend and the was one intered in blue/white and I have to be honest, if doing in blue/white use a darker blue for embroidery. The gal used a very light blue and was kinda a wash out. With all the blue/white fabric's in back round the embroidey work was lost. There is alot of time and I think the embroidery work should stand out.
    This was my son's Ideal, he wanted the black/white and I want to make another, but I'm thinking of beading the next one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
    I don't know. :/ I was really thinking I liked blue and white, but then I saw yours and I love the beautiful, rustic look of the black and white...I might need to make a brown and cream one, too. But, I don't think I will be doing the blue and white one, now. I love the antique feel of yours, so I think I'll do that. I have a few quilts I'm working on now, so I'm hoping to have those finished in time to make this one before the holidays.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

  6. #96
    Super Member Ps 150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    Thank you so much. I went to a quilt show last weekend and the was one intered in blue/white and I have to be honest, if doing in blue/white use a darker blue for embroidery. The gal used a very light blue and was kinda a wash out. With all the blue/white fabric's in back round the embroidey work was lost. There is alot of time and I think the embroidery work should stand out.
    This was my son's Ideal, he wanted the black/white and I want to make another, but I'm thinking of beading the next one.
    I agree. The embroidery seems to be the focal point and it should remain so. It's so beautiful.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

  7. #97
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    13,147
    I've also got that pattern. I am doing mine in navy and white!
    Yours is gorgeous!!

  8. #98
    Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,411
    Your quilt came out so beautiful!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

  9. #99
    Member bookworm22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    80
    what a beatiful quilt - it looks so great in black and white - wow !!

  10. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anniston,Al.
    Posts
    17
    breathtakingly beautiful, wow

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.