Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Over the River black/white quilt

Blog Entries
    Is this a regular pattern or quilt style? I recently saw one in color. I simply love it and would love to make one. Is there a fabric or template for the picture area of the quilt?

The pattern is from Crab-apple hill. Thanks everyone. I have to just say, please when making this quilt use a thread that stands out amoung the fabric. I seen one done at a quilt show and stunning blues, but the gal used a very light blue floss and it really got lost. Her quilt was gorgeous.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    This is my over the river quilt in scrappy black/white, I used a flannel on the back. I had it quilted by thequilteddove in a simple snowflake pattern and so pleased with the results.
    Did you use the EZtransfer or use a light box to trace the design onto your fabric for embroidery? I purchased the pattern and fabrics, but haven't had time to get to the embroidery part. Your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you, I have a hope chest that has a fabric top, I put the fabric down over the fabric and than I put my ott light over it and it shows up really well.

Quote Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon View Post
    Did you use the EZtransfer or use a light box to trace the design onto your fabric for embroidery? I purchased the pattern and fabrics, but haven't had time to get to the embroidery part. Your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

What a pretty quilt

You did a great job on your quilt, I have never tried a black and white quilt before. Thank you for sharing your quilt with us. That is why I love the quilting board, because you see things on here you would not have thought of doing.
    Pauline

Thank you, I so agree, everyone is so help full on this board, and some awesome ideals as well. My son picked the black/white combo, he seen the pattern and loved the quilt, he said " I want this quillt only in black/white. Him & his girlfriend are now expecting there first baby, Grammie again. I will enter the quilt in the fair this year. I had put some quilts in last year and so pleased that I won some ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt-n-girl View Post
    You did a great job on your quilt, I have never tried a black and white quilt before. Thank you for sharing your quilt with us. That is why I love the quilting board, because you see things on here you would not have thought of doing.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Quote Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon View Post
    I purchased the pattern, floss and fabrics in beige and brown tones, but haven't taken time to get the embroidery design transferred to the fabric. Did you use a light box or EZ transfer? I did buy the EZ transfer, but am hesitant to get started. Your black/white quilt is beautiful and I like the snowflake quilting design. Have seen a lot of b/w quilts here lately and love them. Thanks for sharing.
    I am doing this same quilt. I've finished the panels of embroidery, but I haven't started sewing the blocks yet. I transferred the pattern using a light box. Was not hard to do at all. The tracing goes a lot quicker than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
    I agree. The embroidery seems to be the focal point and it should remain so. It's so beautiful.
    You said you might bead your next one. I didn't do that, but I did place a few irredescent (sp???) sparkly sequins here and there and in the capital letters.

Would love to see a picture of your's as well. Yes I want to bead my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by misoop View Post
    You said you might bead your next one. I didn't do that, but I did place a few irredescent (sp???) sparkly sequins here and there and in the capital letters.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11