Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Package from Paducah WOOHOO!

Received the fabrics I ordered today for my 1st French Braid quilt! Not sure these will all work.... They are NOT in the order they will be in the braid, but had to photograph them that way so you could see the colors better. The orca whale fabric does not have that much pink in it, and has a midnight blue background. It will be the fabric for the larger diagonal set center squares. The black "raindrop" fabric is for the smaller accent diamonds.
    I'm excited to get started :thumbup:

French Braid choices
    attachment-36832.jpe

whales: not that blue or pink
    attachment-36833.jpe

Great bunch of fabrics. Makes it fun to go to the mail box! I can't wait to see your finished quilt. It will be lovely.

Oh that is going to be one lovely quilt, be sure to send pics when you have it done, so we can all drool again :)

Don't ya love Hancock's? So many choices.

Love your batiks! Your quilt will be gorgeous.

Batiks, batiks, and more batiks! Don't you love it? You found some real beauties so I have no doubt your french braid will be spectacular.
    You'll have to lay them out in different sequences to see which order you like best. I think one of the best things about batiks is that each strip from a given fabric will look just different enough to be unique. Your quilt will have both beautiful color and texture. I can't wait to see it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by JanetM
    Batiks, batiks, and more batiks! Don't you love it? You found some real beauties so I have no doubt your french braid will be spectacular.
    You'll have to lay them out in different sequences to see which order you like best. I think one of the best things about batiks is that each strip from a given fabric will look just different enough to be unique. Your quilt will have both beautiful color and texture. I can't wait to see it. :wink: :wink: :wink:
    I'm anxious to get started 'auditioning' the fabrics. Will probably pull some from stash also. Now, WHEN are we gonna see yours

:?: :?:

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
    [I'm anxious to get started 'auditioning' the fabrics. Will probably pull some from stash also. Now, WHEN are we gonna see yours

:?: :?:
    I have several projects yet to do but everytime I am in a LQS I check out the batiks. I've also been doing some internet searches. It's coming, it's coming.

Those are beautiful. I can't wait to see the quilt. Keep us posted.

Very nice fabric.