I wound up with a photographer's backdrop that was 100% cotton black muslin and measured 3yds by 9 yds. I thought I could make a cathedral window with it and hope it turned out as I envisioned. I noticed there was a slickness to it and seemed a little heavier than I thought but I started cutting 9" squares. Because of the size I had more wastage then I hoped.
I was determined to hand quilt it all from start to finish which is where I found the painful part. After washing, the slick coating was still there which is when I found out it had a flame retardent on it. That made it tough for the needle to get thru and I hate to use a thimble. So forcing the needle thru on the thicker parts I managed to run it under my fingernail, into the quick of the nail and into the finger. Ouch! But I prsevered and finally finished it after six months. I bent a half dozen needles as one picture shows but continued to use them when I could.
This is it. I call it Pot O Gold. I picture a Lepruchan standing in the center on his pot of gold and looking up seeing the rainbow flow out in all four directions and down to another pot of gold on the other end. It's sort of hard to see the difference between the green and blue in the photo but it does show up on the quilt. Hope you like it. It finished up at 65"x78"