Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Patchwork Hot Pads by Rhonda

Wow, they are ALL beautiful. :thumbup:

Blog Entries

Thanks!!

What wondergul hot pads you have here...tooooo pretty to use! I'd be upset if it got scorsed or something spilt on it !

Thank you, but I can't use a wing nut on mine :-(

Senior Member cedarvalleyquilts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those are gorgeous....may have to take a trip to Kalona :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cedarvalleyquilts
    Those are gorgeous....may have to take a trip to Kalona :)
    Sorry she closed the shop last year. So I don't have any on sale right now. I do plan to get some done and put on my website again.

My best friend lives in Muscatine, IA. I went to Kalona for the first time last Labor Day. Towns like that need to be appreciated. Hit the quilt shops there, time well spent and will probably go again. The main street was all tore up when I was there last, hopefully it is fixed by now. I did go to Yoder's great items. It was my understanding that the Amish and Mennonnites live on the outskirts of rural Kalona.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment-175728.jpe   attachment-175732.jpe   attachment-175733.jpe  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiane318
    My best friend lives in Muscatine, IA. I went to Kalona for the first time last Labor Day. Towns like that need to be appreciated. Hit the quilt shops there, time well spent and will probably go aain. The main street was all tore up when I was there last, hopefully it is fixed by now. I did go to Yoder's great items. It was my understanding that the Amish and Mennonnites live on the outskirts of rural Kalona.
    Kalona is a great town for quilts. There is a museum of quilts. I always intended to stop and look at it but never have. Yes there are lots of Amish who live in the country. It is interesting to see the buggys and horses tied up to the post at JWs (grocery store) and there is an Amish blacksmith shop at the edge of town where you can usually see a few buggys and horses waiting. If you look at the houses and you don't see any electricity going to the house then it is an Amish house. You can usually tell because they sit back abit and are always wood two story frame houses. At least in our area. They probably vary from area to area. There is a school for the Amish kids you can see as you go by on the road.

Stringtown is an Amish(Mennonite?) Store a little ways up from the Cheese Factory. They don't use electricity. they have unique lights. THey are basicallly a metal can like tube that is set in a square in the ceiling. the natural light comes down through them. They aren't very big probably about 4" across. So it is a bit unnerving or it was for me for the first few times when you go in and it seems really dark. But as you are in there your eyes adjust.

Blog Entries
    very pretty......

You do BEAUTIFUL work...thanks for the inspirations and ideas!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast