Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Patriotic cushions!! >

Patriotic cushions!!

Patriotic cushions!!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 AM

My friends son has a lovely French girlfriend. When we were ot shopping we saw some cushions and my friend said she thought Chrystelle would love them. I came home sorted the fabrics and off I went!! The Union jack is foundation pieced(which I don.t enjoy!! spend more time unsewing!!!) I then decided to do the French Tricolor!! They will be off to Paris next week!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184566.jpe   attachment-184567.jpe  
Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Google Goddess

beautiful
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM
QM
Power Poster

Those are sure to be a hit. Thanks for sharing them.

Just be glad she is not Mexican.....Just think, a snake held by an eagle which is sitting on a cactus.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 AM

Great job on both!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by QM
Those are sure to be a hit. Thanks for sharing them.

Just be glad she is not Mexican.....Just think, a snake held by an eagle which is sitting on a cactus.
Thanks!!! The Tricolor was great to do!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Izy

Fantastic Hilary, I know you found doing the Union Jack a pain in the rear but it was worth it, those angles are perfect! These will be well used and treasured forever I am sure :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Fantastic Hilary, I know you found doing the Union Jack a pain in the rear but it was worth it, those angles are perfect! These will be well used and treasured forever I am sure :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks!!! Won't be doing foundation piecing anytime soon!! :thumbdown: Not my idea of fun! The cushions we saw originally were £35! If I counted the hours I spent on it sewing, ripping out and sewing again I think mine would cost £135!!!! :lol:
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Thanks!!! Won't be doing foundation piecing anytime soon!! :thumbdown: Not my idea of fun! The cushions we saw originally were £35! If I counted the hours I spent on it sewing, ripping out and sewing again I think mine would cost £135!!!! :lol:
Old 04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Originally Posted by Izy
Yes but your attention to detail is second to none narrow red stripe in correct position on each corner ...I checked LOL

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Originally Posted by Izy
Yes but your attention to detail is second to none narrow red stripe in correct position on each corner ...I checked LOL

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Blood,sweat and tears!!!! :lol: :lol: