Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Photo Quilt

Question Photo Quilt

My sister writes poetry. I want to put 4 pictures of her books into a quilt. I would like a design different than just plain squares. This will be a small quilt, perhaps a wall hanging, or lap quilt.

Does she have a "theme" to her poetry?..... what are the names of her books?....do either of these suggest borders/border blocks --- ok...what i mean -- i have the book Apples of Gold - which would suggest perhaps a leaf applique border around the photo block..... sorry if this doesn't help -- good luck !!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

You might consider adding blocks with some wording in embroidery. Book titles, meaningful phrases, dates, etc.

Blog Entries
    I like the bookshelf quilt I saw on this board where the books are different heights, widths and colors. Some stand up, some are tilted, some lay flat. There are also "personal items on the bookshelves..... picture frame, etc.... Very cool quilt!! I'll see if I can find it.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Blog Entries
    Attachment 372223I like the bookshelf quilt I saw on this board where the books are different heights, widths and colors. Some stand up, some are tilted, some lay flat. There are also "personal items on the bookshelves..... picture frame, etc.... Very cool quilt!! I'll see if I can find it. it's by Diane007

Blog Entries
    sorry... seems I keep messing up the post..... here's the pictureName:  library quilt.JPG
Views: 429
Size:  732.8 KB