Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
picture of a ken-quilt setup >

picture of a ken-quilt setup

picture of a ken-quilt setup

Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 AM

looking for help in starting to quilt on my new ken-quilt table-frame and machine
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158768.jpe   attachment-158769.jpe  
Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 AM

What kind of help do you need?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

What kind of help are you looking for? I recommend loading a practice yard of backing, batting and top and just have some fun.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:28 AM

Did you get this from Ken in Salt Lake City UT? I am looking into purchasing one and would love to find out how you like yours. My machine only has a 9" throat on it, tho, so I may need to purchase a different machine for the frame. Omigod, I'm entertaining the thought of purchasing another sewing machine, I'm becoming one of you guys!!!! LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 10:29 AM

a lady that has a long arm is going to send pic and help me get the loading of the roller right and how to keep the backing from having any puckers how tight to roll the fabric ect she wanted to see a picture of mine and I'll take any suggestion I can get !been sewing for a while but the new year's learning experience this year is to learn to use this machine just retired and want to start a new focus for my life want to make one of a kind gifts to sell to support my crafting habit and to buy things for the grandkids and when I get good maybe a cruise short trip not a long one till I find out if I'll be sea sick
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM

got mine from a sewing shop in fort smith AR a few years ago then got talked in to taking a nursing project that was a 24/7 job that lasted for 4 years. then I just got to sick(lupus) to keep on nursing the last two years have been hell thought I was going to die and so did the doctor but guess god not finished with me yet but I am going to change my life style and just enjoy what ever time I have left
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

If you google "how to load a quilt on a longarm" you will get links to videos to show you how to do it. Not hard to do just hard to explain. Another option.... If there is a quilt shop in your area that offers long arm lessons they usually include how to load a quilt on a rack. Long arm racks really aren't that different from what you have but I could not begin to explain in words to you how to load it. Much easier if I could show you then let you do the hands on. Maybe the online videos will help.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Don't start with a quilt just CHEAP muslin but same batt you plan on using in your quilts so tensions are right,Good Luck can you get a video from Ken-quilts each company has there own I own a Gamill but all are alike in some ways