Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pies and Tarts quilt

Hi, I am Narelle.
    I am trying to find out how much background fabric to purchase and how big to cut the squares for my Pies and Tarts quilt.
    Also I need to know how many big pies to make and how many tarts to make as well as the half tarts that go around the edge.

Hope you can help me. PS. I don't have a pattern. I have started making the the circle with purchased paper pieces
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Narelle
    Hi, I am Narelle.
    I am trying to find out how much background fabric to purchase and how big to cut the squares for my Pies and Tarts quilt.
    Also I need to know how many big pies to make and how many tarts to make as well as the half tarts that go around the edge.

Hope you can help me. PS. I don't have a pattern. I have started making the the circle with purchased paper pieces

Hi Narelle, Busy Thimbles in NSW is doing it as a BOM, which is probably why they don't have a pattern on their site, but they do say that the finished size is approx 70" x 70". This might help you work out the size of the blocks, then you can work out the fabric needed. Apart from that...

Blog Entries
    It looks to me that you need 24 complete blocks with pies in them, and a quarter of a tart in each corner. There are another 7 down the right hand side that are partial, but might be whole ones and the pic has cut them off. Ditto across the top with 4 more.

I would make a good start on them first, and worry about the edges later. You could possibly make more whole blocks and cut them in half for the edges at the end.

Why don't you buy the pattern instead of expecting us to break the copyright law and give you this information for free?

excuse me but this board is to help other quilters. I think you could have said that just a little nicer.

way to cool :)

Blog Entries
    very striking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasstar View Post
    excuse me but this board is to help other quilters. I think you could have said that just a little nicer.
    you are so right....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasstar View Post
    Yes I agree...maybe morning coffee was missed