Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Pillow for niece and bag for daughter

  1. #1
    Senior Member JEL523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    359
    My niece just turned 7 and she is in love with all things horse-related. Her favorite colors right now are fuscia and bright green. I did some practice FMQ on the front of the pillow and will be taking this to her in 3 weeks when we go to visit.

    Also, my daughter picked out the fabric and described what she wanted in a bag (I had been making the Bow Tucks). I purchased the iron-on laminate for the interior so she can use this for her shopping.

    Thanks for looking.

    Front of Sydney's Pillow
    Name:  Attachment-247219.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  97.7 KB

    Practice FMQ - Curling Feather
    Name:  Attachment-247220.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  95.6 KB

    Back of Pillow - so the cover can be washed
    Name:  Attachment-247221.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  72.0 KB

    Rachel's bag
    Name:  Attachment-247222.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  96.5 KB

    Inside of bag - laminated sides
    Name:  Attachment-247225.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  74.6 KB

  2. #2
    Senior Member rushdoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    994
    nice!

  3. #3
    Senior Member newestnana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brick, NJ
    Posts
    819
    Wow. Very nice!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    24
    Love the pillow and bag. Did a nice job. What pattern did you use for the bag? Never thought of laminating the fabric for the inside - good idea. Thanks for sharing.

  5. #5
    Super Member soniboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,024
    What a great girly pillow and pretty bag, both of them will love what you made for sure! :thumbup:

  6. #6
    Senior Member JEL523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleen
    Love the pillow and bag. Did a nice job. What pattern did you use for the bag? Never thought of laminating the fabric for the inside - good idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. I found the pattern/tutorial online but I don't remember where. I will try to attach it. I made mine a little longer because I knew my daughter wanted to use it as a shopping bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Super Member raedar63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,022
    those are beautiful, My neice would love the pillow,may I ask where you got the shilloette? (sp?)

  8. #8
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Washington
    Posts
    20,338
    Neat pillow, and terrific bag!

  9. #9
    Senior Member JEL523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    those are beautiful, My neice would love the pillow,may I ask where you got the shilloette? (sp?)
    Thank you. I know I got the silhoutte online somewhere, but I can't remember where. Usually I just Google "horse silhoutte" or "horse coloring book pages" to find my outlines. I then print them off, transfer them to wonderunder, trim, iron on black fabric, and cut out the applique.

  10. #10
    Super Member raedar63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by JEL523
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    those are beautiful, My neice would love the pillow,may I ask where you got the shilloette? (sp?)
    Thank you. I know I got the silhoutte online somewhere, but I can't remember where. Usually I just Google "horse silhoutte" or "horse coloring book pages" to find my outlines. I then print them off, transfer them to wonderunder, trim, iron on black fabric, and cut out the applique.
    Great! I will be doing that for sure!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.