Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Pillow shams

JJC
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    I couldnt remember which thread we were talking about pillow shams on , but here are a couple of mine
    I love your quilt and pillow shams. They're beautiful! :)

I'm currently working on making a quilt for a friend and need to make pillow shams to go with. The quilt top is a nine patch set on point using ten different fabric prints along with a solid off white that has a small flower print to it. This is for a queen size bed.

I want to do the pillow shams to match and was wondering how to go about doing this using all ten fabrics and the off white fabric as mentioned above. What size would you make the pillow sham and just how big would my blocks need to be knowing they're going to be set on point. I'm not good at the math part of it. Also looks like your shams are quilted. Looking for some help in the area.

Thanks so much in advance. :)

Blog Entries
    beautiful.....The quilt seems so much more complete.

I love the shams with the quilts!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJC
    I couldnt remember which thread we were talking about pillow shams on , but here are a couple of mine

I'm currently working on making a quilt for a friend and need to make pillow shams to go with. The quilt top is a nine patch set on point using ten different fabric prints along with a solid off white that has a small flower print to it. This is for a queen size bed.

I want to do the pillow shams to match and was wondering how to go about doing this using all ten fabrics and the off white fabric as mentioned above. What size would you make the pillow sham and just how big would my blocks need to be knowing they're going to be set on point. I'm not good at the math part of it. Also looks like your shams are quilted. Looking for some help in the area.

My shams finished about 20 x 26.5 for regular size bed pillows. If you look at the Ohio Star one, it is set on point. I use the same size blocks as in the quilt, just added filler strips along the sides and top and bottom. But those blocks only finished at 7 1/2 inches. So it would depend on the size of your blocks whether you would need stips all the way around. The log cabin only needed strips on the sides.
    With your 9 patch, if you did 2 blocks on each sham, you would be able to use all of your colors.
    Did you look a little further down the post at my brief tutorial? That might help you.
    Let me know if you need more help!!!

JJC
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC

My shams finished about 20 x 26.5 for regular size bed pillows. If you look at the Ohio Star one, it is set on point. I use the same size blocks as in the quilt, just added filler strips along the sides and top and bottom. But those blocks only finished at 7 1/2 inches. So it would depend on the size of your blocks whether you would need stips all the way around. The log cabin only needed strips on the sides.
    With your 9 patch, if you did 2 blocks on each sham, you would be able to use all of your colors.
    Did you look a little further down the post at my brief tutorial? That might help you.
    Let me know if you need more help!!!

Thank-you so much. Will check with you if I need more help. Have a wonderful evening.

beautiful. I made my first one today and will make another tomorrow. Good job. I love both of them.

Love them all but especially for me the red centered pillow sham.

they are really nice, like both of them. Barb

Blog Entries
    nice

my favorite is the red and white

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4