Twelve of these little 2.5" blocks were made a long time ago so I decided recently to put them together. I liked the way these 3 blocks looked so I added 6 more blocks to make it a charm mini. However, everything went wrong with this quilt! Grease marks from the iron showed up on the window pane grid after ironing so had to wash it and iron again before proceeding. The colored ink I used from my pattern pieces I drew were transferred to the ironing board cover as I ironed it. In order to make sure the curling ribbon border fit perfectly, I had to make it first and then squeeze the inner border in at the end! There were times of blind sewing and resewing sections by hand to make it all fit. It's why it became my "Pinwheel Chaos" mini but I love the way it turned out! Whew!
Then my second UFO project were from some blocks I had made years ago when I had the urge to do something in pastel colors. A few weeks ago, I decided to square these blocks up and assemble them as I love the Whirlwind block. Haven't decided yet how large to make this or what to add to it.
The last UFO was a Postage Stamp lap #3 quilt that only needed 4 more blocks for completion so I finished that up. After pics were taken I realized I now have to move the bottom brown block to the center as two blue blocks are to the left. These are all gifts as the Lord directs. I enjoyed finishing some UFO's! Hope you enjoy them!
from a distance to see the ribbon border better
Whirlwind UFO finished
this fabric found in stash matches good for sashing
Postage Stamp #3