Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: pinwheel kitty cat quilt

pinwheel kitty cat quilt

I started this quilt last year for a friend who is a 6+ year survivor of pancreatic cancer. We thought we were going to lose her last year. I lost interest in working on it because I didn't think I'd be able to finish it before she left us. She made a miraculous recovery and is doing very well today (considering all her health issues). So I finally got the binding sewn on a couple of weeks ago and gave it to her Tuesday. She's always loved cats and blue is her favorite color. As you can tell from the smile, she loves her quilt. She called me Wednesday to tell me she slept under it Tuesday night and it was very warm and comfy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Look at that smile!! You obviously made her day. You are a wonderful friend. Lovely quilt BTW!
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

What a lovely quilt! I'm sure her expression says it all - she will love it.

I haven't seen that pattern before - looks like ribbon ends. Great job on the color selection, and your friend looks so happy to receive it.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I'm glad she is able to enjoy her pretty quilt. 6 years after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is impressive. Good for her.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I'm glad she is able to enjoy her pretty quilt. 6 years after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is impressive. Good for her.

What's even more impressive is that 6 years ago, the doctors gave her a 25% chance of surviving the surgery. We've always said that, like a cat, she has nine lives

Blog Entries
    Beautiful...as well as the lady holding it!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    I haven't seen that pattern before - looks like ribbon ends. Great job on the color selection, and your friend looks so happy to receive it.
    The cat block itself is not unique. I've seen it before. But I drew it up in EQ6 to size it so I could get 2 cats from one fat-eighth (since I started with a pack of those that I had purchased from Keepsake Quilting). Then I just put 4 cat blocks together and rotated them to create the pinwheel look

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
    Beautiful...as well as the lady holding it!
    I'll have to remember to tell Diane you said that. It'll make her smile even bigger

She looks very healthy holding up her beautiful quilt. I hope she continues to be a survivor.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast