I finally finished the dreaded Plaid Star Quilt. I have learned very valuable lessons from this that I will share with you (which I am sure that most of you have learned these lessons long ago :lol: )
1. Never do stars in Plaid (especially if it is a Kit – as you will never have enough to match the plaid)
2. If you purchase a kit OPEN it up and make sure that the fabric is cut on the straight of the goods.
3. “Starch” the top and the bottom before quilting.
4. Never stitch in the ditch with variegated thread (it really shows the all the goof ups).
5. Always purchase more backing fabric than you need (I did not have enough for the pockets).
6. Don’t get too stressed – after all this is supposed to be fun!
The bottom line is I am not displeased with the efforts. It is not "perfect" but as this is the first completed one I have done in a long time it looks good on my wall. I did a pocket top and bottom and inserted a finished piece of wood to give the hanging some stability.
The visible quilting on the backing
Hanging on wall