Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Please Help me with Info for finding these Fabrics!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,731
    I purchased a quilter's stash last year. I'm not sure if she died or somehow was unable to quilt anymore. In the lot were about 10 applique blocks about 70% of them finished. I've been finishing up her blocks and it's been my first try at needle turn applique. Unfortunately, there are 2 other blocks that I will need to do on my own to complete the quilt.

    All these fabrics are made by RJR Thimbleberries and I need to try to find where I can purchase some amounts of each. Scraps 2" to 1/2 if possible. Does anyone know who would still have ANY of these or maybe in your stash I could buy or trade for?? Or maybe there's a specific fabric line name that would help me find them??

    These fabrics may be 10 years old and were used for the Grandma's Country Album quilt by McCalls magazine. I would love to finish these blocks and give this quilt life in the memory of the quilter. If you look through my past quilting posts you'll see this is sort of my "thing". I rescue UFO quilts of those who've passed away and try to finish them.

    I realize there are many quilt stores that sell Thimbleberries, but I need these exact fabrics. THANKS for any leads!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images                        

  2. #2
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,471
    Candace, I think I have some of them. Yes, they are older, I'd say around 10 years.
    Only thing is can you wait till after Christmas?? I'd be happy to send you what I find.

  3. #3
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,731
    Susan, I will take whatever I can get and would be happy to pay you or trade you for whatever project you're working on. Yes I can wait as I have about a month's work of hand applique to finish her blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

  4. #4
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,731
    Whew, that's all the different fabrics in it, I think!

  5. #5
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,471
    Okay, I'm going to bookmark this. I know for sure that I have some of them and I plan to finish up my organizing right after New Years. :)

  6. #6
    Super Member Blue Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8,220
    Yes, I have most of that fabric. I have yet to finish that quilt myself. Let me know what you need.

  7. #7
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Yes, I have most of that fabric. I have yet to finish that quilt myself. Let me know what you need.
    Do you know where you bought it? Was it a kit? I would like some of every fabric pictured as I have to make 2 more blocks and all the 2" squares for the top. So, I'm not picky with what I can find!

    The woman who started this quilt did beautiful work and I hope I can do her proud by finishing it. This probably is the easiest or best applique quilt to pick as my first needle turn project. But, so far so good. I've finished 2 of her blocks and am on the third and I think they look nice.

  8. #8
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,731
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Okay, I'm going to bookmark this. I know for sure that I have some of them and I plan to finish up my organizing right after New Years. :)
    Thanks so much.

  9. #9
    Super Member Blue Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Yes, I have most of that fabric. I have yet to finish that quilt myself. Let me know what you need.
    Do you know where you bought it? Was it a kit? I would like some of every fabric pictured as I have to make 2 more blocks and all the 2" squares for the top. So, I'm not picky with what I can find!

    The woman who started this quilt did beautiful work and I hope I can do her proud by finishing it. This probably is the easiest or best applique quilt to pick as my first needle turn project. But, so far so good. I've finished 2 of her blocks and am on the third and I think they look nice.
    It took about a year for me to find the fabric. I have 99% of it and will be willing to share with you after the holidays. I think there are almost 500 2 inch squares. And which blocks do you need to make?

  10. #10
    Junior Member Tsanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    254
    They are really pretty fabric. I remember my mom used to have some of those fabrics at one time. She's gone now as well as all the fabric she used to have. I'm sure you will do that lady proud by taking the time to finish this quilt. I know that if she has passed, she's smiling down on you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.