Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Poinsettia Top #1 Done!

Gorgeous.. I too love the border.
    :D
    anne
    sebago, me

It's BEAUTIFUL! Great job

It's absolutely gorgeous!! And don't think about it as being "late" for Christmas -- now it will be "early." You did a beautiful job -- well worth waiting for.. :wink:

there are so many wonderful reasons i love to see the project pics on here, but this quilt is a perfect example of this:
    If i saw the middle section in a pattern, i might say to myself, "nice, but I have so many others i want to make."
    Seeing it with a border like this make me go, "WOWEE!!! gotta love that!" It revs up your idea stash in your head. Something good becomes something great!

Thank you all for your kind comments - it is so great to have an idea that looks good in your head, to get it done, and then have it validated by others!

I bought 2 pieces of this fabric - one 3 yard piece and another 2 3/4 yard piece that was the end of the bolt It is by Maywood Studio, designed by Jackie Robinson, from the Poinsettia line - some quilt stores may still have some in their Christmas fabrics on an after-Christmas sale. I cut my border strips the length of the fabric (which will make 6 strips of border), and just split the difference between each line of poinsettias. It was really easy, and I just love the look. (She designs a fuchsia fabric like this too - YUM!)

When I get some time :D I'm going to play with the idea of making a wreath out of the border scraps.

Blog Entries
    I just love,love your work you really out done yourself it is soooo beatuiful :)

Roben

It's absolutely beautiful, doesn't matter what time of year it is the Christmas quilts always look so warm & snuggly. I love your border. Poinsettia's are one of my favourite plants - mine is still alive which is good for me LOL.
    On to the reverse quilt now ...... :wink:

Tisha

...oh, I think I am off to hunt that fuschia fabric. It is a color that is not easily found, but so beautiful and my daughter wants her quilt to have fuschia and lavender. thanks for the info!!!!! :D :D :D

Beautiful quilt. I can see why you fell in love with the border fabric.

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt........

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast