Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokey Little Puppy Warm Wishes

Pokey Little Puppy Warm Wishes

I had a college intern working for me this summer and she is expecting a little boy in September. I made her a simple Warm Wishes quilt using the Pokey Little Puppy fabric panel that was meant to make a fabric book. It was one of the Little Golden Books fabric releases to celebrate the 65th anniversary of these books. I used the cover and the 12 pages from the book. There was a page with the classic "This Little Golden Book Belongs to" and I embroidered the baby's name there for the back quilt label. I included a copy of the actual book with the quilt, along with a few other books.

One thing I've found in working with panels is that they are not always straight, and cutting even blocks can be challenging. It can get worse if you prewash/dry. Although I always prewash my fabric, I did not for this panel. I carefully squared up each block and then washed the final quilt with a color catcher.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is a darling quilt. Just right for that little baby. joyce j

That is adorable -- what a great idea!

I absolutely love this quilt. I make quilts for all new babies born at our Church, for Quilts for Kids, for Arkansas Childrens Hospital and our local Christmas toy drive at Church. This would be adorable for any of those functions. It is so perfect for a little boy.
    Sandy

Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings we continue to fly...on a broomstick! We are flexible like that. People really shouldn't mess with Angels!

Blog Entries
    Very, very cute and clever idea for a quilt. You did a wonderful job on it. I'm sure she will really treasure it.

Power Poster
    I love it! I have an ABC book that I have been thinking of doing something with. After seeing your quilt, I am going to do it with Warm Wishes.

Absolutely wonderful quilt. You have given me a great idea for the book panels I have and adding a book to match the quilt is another great idea. May in Jersey

That is so cute, I'm sure he will enjoy it very much.

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Such a cute little quilt!

That's adorable!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast