Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: possible quilt combo

Quote Originally Posted by cuppi duke View Post
    I like it . I have used vintage chenille many times for backing on baby quilts. I love it but it is a little harder to quilt.
    I have not quilted chenille yet-but have quilted on minky.minky terrified me,lol-but it turned out great.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I think it will be perfect for a boy quilt. I have trouble finding suitable boy fabric. These are great!

I like it!

I don't want to sound negative, but I'm not crazy about the chenille with the batik - unless as Patrice said - a backing would be cozy. I also don't care for that shade of dark blue. Just my humble opinion.

Blog Entries
    I, too, like the idea of the chenille for the back. If you limit the quantity of the dark blue, because it's so intense, and add an accent--how about a light to medium, limey green, to add a watery look--it should work very well. And the pattern you use will make a big difference in the finished look.

I think the chenille would be a wonderful textural accent to the batiks. Babies love texture and color. (IMO just a speck of red somewhere might not hurt.) He would feel as well as see the quilt. Since blue and turtles really says "little boy", I think he will love it. Post a pix so we can see what you do.

I like the turtle and the solid, I'd use the chenille on the back but using on the front would give the baby a texture to play with.
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

I like the combination. The turtle outlines are kind of "bumpy" like the chenille. I think you did great and can't wait to see the finished baby quilt.

I like it. What pattern are you using? I, too, think an accent color would be nice (like the green or yellow someone else mentioned).

I think that it is a great combo of blues and fabrics and would make a great modern looking quilt. Go for it and send a picture in when done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast