Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: presentation at quilt guild

Boy this post started the wheels turning. As most of those who have been on chat know my 15 yr old grand daughter who lives with me has Autism. She is becoming an avid and very good (perfection is her goal) quilter. The school is working with us to help her develop this into some type of work which would earn income for her in the future. Perhaps we should be looking into this in order for her to be able to cut fabric for others. She has learned to use an engraving machine at school and of course has not settled for anything less than perfection.

Tlrnhi--I had no problems cutting hexagons--just cut strips with a rotary cutter and then cut around the hexagon with the rotary cutter as well. I have the metal hexagon templates from the Smiths in Poquoson, VA and they are wonderful templates. Also, as for the material, I chose the 1930's reproduction--that way I could keep going back for material and did not have to worry about "running out." It makes a beautiful GFG quilt. Will try to post one day. Sue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3