Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty in Pink for my sis

lin
    This little quilt was all paper pieces. It had a gabillion pieces. I don't think I'll be making this one again! ;) But I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was a bit of a bugger to quilt because there were soooo many seams that came together. Just had to take my time. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images      

lin
    Sorry, that first pic is sorta bright and washed out. I've got to learn how to take better pictures. LOL

That is absolutely gorgeous, one lucky Sis!

Sure is pretty!

Blog Entries
    Another gasp, lin! I cannot imagine all the effort it took to get it together!
    My first thought was, how did she find all those different colors?!?!

lin
    Thank you ladies. :)

Celeste, I think you have to have 7 different fabrics in one color from dark to light, and 7 of another contrasting color dark to light, and then the background fabric. I used all batiks except for the background.

The pattern was developed by a woman who works in one of our local quilt stores. She gave classes on this quilt and sold the pattern locally to the different quilt stores around the area. I'm not sure if the pattern is available anywhere else.

WOW!!!! That is wonderful! I have never tried paper piecingand after seeing that gorgeous piece of work I have got to say I am totaly intimidated, all those seams!

Izy
    Your quilt is simply outstanding - hats off to you for having the dedication to complete this :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love absolutely everything about it, the colours are amazing, what a great way to showcase batiks...I just LOVE batiks!!! (And more frustratingly, I was in Bali a couple of years ago...BEFORE I discovered patchwork :cry: :cry: :cry: )

lin
    Thank you mg and Izy. :)

mg~not all paper pieced quilts are made from so many sections. There are tons of patterns out there that are far less intimidating and very doable. I've seen your work. You could do this technique with your eyes closed! :D

Izy~now that's just an awful shame. To be right there where batiks are created and not know to buy up everything in sight!!! :shock: LOL I too love batiks and had a great time choosing 14 different ones for this quilt. :)

I dip to my knees in awe at your work. It took me a HUGE amount of time, fabric, seam rippers, wine and chocolate to just do the current block of the month using the paper piecing method. Truly a work of art :):)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast