Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Pieces Worth Saving," A Mini Whirligig, Pattern & Tute (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22pieces-worth-saving-%22-mini-whirligig-pattern-tute-t105583.html)

stichinluvr 03-07-2011 10:33 AM

That's great! Thanks for the tute!

greencat 03-07-2011 01:09 PM

Perfect for scraps!
What are the dimensions of the template?
Thanks for sharing!

n2scraplvr 03-07-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by greencat
Perfect for scraps!
What are the dimensions of the template?
Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! The template is 2-1/2" x 1x5/8"; two of these will equal 2-1/2". Be sure and post pics when you finish! Your very welcome!

:D :D 8-) ;) ;)

oksewglad 03-10-2011 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay so I goofed. I cut down my square to 2 1/4 inches, but that should work as long as I'm consistent. I've only cut out blades for this square. Want to do several for a spring flower show since it'll be a while before the daffodils and tulips start blooming here!

First block now go cut some more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145686[/ATTACH]

n2scraplvr 03-10-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Okay so I goofed. I cut down my square to 2 1/4 inches, but that should work as long as I'm consistent. I've only cut out blades for this square. Want to do several for a spring flower show since it'll be a while before the daffodils and tulips start blooming here!

You didn't goof! They should be 2-1/4 inches after you've trimmed all excess. They finish at 1-3/4"!! I think that's your favorite size to handle!! It's very pretty. You are correct in using at least one large scale in the block like the white fabric in the bottom right. It gives the block a boost! It looks grrr-eat so far, G!!! It'll be so irresistible when finished! Make sure you post pics! We all can't wait to see!

8-)

oksewglad 03-10-2011 04:51 PM

Okay I'll go cut some more blades! Oh n2, I think I'm getting addicted to using even samller pieces. LOL!
You are so right regarding a variety of scale as well as color in blocks. Heaven forbid that we do matchy matchy!

n2scraplvr 03-10-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Okay I'll go cut some more blades! Oh n2, I think I'm getting addicted to using even samller pieces. LOL!
You are so right regarding a variety of scale as well as color in blocks. Heaven forbid that we do matchy matchy!

Well, if you're getting addicted to even smaller pieces, you'll love this block finishing at 1-3/4"!!! I love these easy pieces and yes, we want ANYTHING except matchy-matchy!! I have another mini I'm getting ready to post you'll like with only 1 pattern piece like Whirligig. This was a fast one too but quite challenging! I'd never do more than 4 blocks of it! Check out my new post in a few min.! n2

:D

Gladys 03-10-2011 05:13 PM

Very pretty. I could do that.

stacey65 03-10-2011 05:20 PM

awsome!

oksewglad 03-10-2011 07:40 PM

Got my blades all cut--Yes Gladys you can!