Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   3 new baby quilts done in time ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/3-new-baby-quilts-done-time-t4730.html)

in2stitchin 02-23-2008 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New granddaughter is due the first week of June, but the Baby Shower is this coming weekend. I wanted to share her quilts.

I got carried away with this one and it's too big. It will be a nice spread on a toddler bed!

:oops:

So I made another :!:

48 X 68 Fabric is non-flammable and from the Precious Moments collection.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5933[/ATTACH]

in2stitchin 02-23-2008 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This one is from the same fabric but much better for wrapping baby :-)

But their Nursery Theme is Pooh .... sooooooo I made another!

36 X 36 Split-9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5915[/ATTACH]

in2stitchin 02-23-2008 10:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This one is made of quilters cotton and is as close as I can get to embracing the scrappy look. I love scrappy quilts but each time I try to make one, I want things symmetrical and matching. It's a flaw in "My" fabric :oops:

45 X 45 Pooh's "Country Squares"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5934[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6594[/ATTACH]

Country Quilter 02-23-2008 10:08 AM

These are really very cute!!! I am in the process now of making one for my nephew's new baby and it ended up 48 x 48...which is kind of big also I thought but she will be able to use it for a few years this way! I don't think there is a set size!! LOL

in2stitchin 02-23-2008 11:05 AM

Thanks Country Quilter, I really appreciate the positive feedback.

I just got these done and one of nephews called to say they were expecting in September. I've been trying to work on some of my UFO's but I guess the galaxy keeps growing :!:

Chele 02-23-2008 11:47 AM

All three are adorable! I think you did an awesome job on the scrappy Pooh! You're already spoiling grandbaby! She's one lucky baby! :D Make sure you get pictures of your granddaughter with her quilts.

in2stitchin 02-23-2008 12:03 PM

Chele, thanks so much. We're pretty sure that this will be the last grandchild and only the 2nd girl, so I don't want to pass up the chance to show her how much she is loved.

I forgot to mention that I used warm and natural in all 3 quilts. Also, I asked at Hancocks the name of the Precious Moments non-flammable fabric. They said it is called "Grande Flannel", although it's not really like flannel. The right side of it has a very short nap and the wrong side feels like nylon tricot. It's kind of a B*#&% to work with but nothing is softer that I can find.

:-)

ilena 02-23-2008 12:06 PM

I think your quilts are wonderful! It is great to have a baby quilt that is "too big" (ha no such thing!). It can be a wonderful place to play on the floor with toys or outside on the grass.
When I made my daughter's quilts I would make a few extra blocks and create a matching baby doll version. This size is actually perfect for a lap quilt when they are in the car seat and still tiny as it can be tucked in and then I would put another blanket over her. Now that she is older they look sweet in her baby doll cradle.

barnbum 02-23-2008 12:25 PM

I love them!! They are so special--and I'm jealous that the babies get 'em. :wink:

Shadow Dancer 02-23-2008 12:27 PM

Beautiful! :) I love baby quilts, get all warm and fuzzy thinking of how warm they will keep a new baby.... :)