Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   86 Year Old Mom Picture & Current Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/86-year-old-mom-picture-current-quilt-t179015.html)

NatalieMacDonald 02-11-2012 01:01 PM

86 Year Old Mom Picture & Current Quilt

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if I can attach a new picture to the previous thread titled, "Look At What My Mom Did...". Some of you were asking to see her picture. And the pictures show her latest quilt on the way to the LAQ. Some of you are asking for the name of the patterns. She is collecting them and then I'll get back to you.

BTW, I saw how important this discussion board is. Mom was overwhelmed, speechless, and floated upstairs to have a little cry. At 86, quilting is a solitary enjoyment.

I will be more intentional to cheer you on too! Really, really important to keep encouraging each other.

Many thanks again.

Natalie

Crqltr 02-11-2012 01:04 PM

Very pretty! Both mom and quilt. Love the colors.

Fraew 02-11-2012 01:05 PM

Fabulous! I didn't get a chance to comment on the other thread but nice work busy lady! Isn't it great sharing this with your mom?!? Happy Quilting! F

Mom3 02-11-2012 01:27 PM

Your Mom is simply awesome! She has found her 'grove'.

Remember Grandma Moses who found her 'grove' late in life (oil painting)?

Maybe we could call your Mom the "Grandma Moses" of quilting. :)

Shari

lalaland 02-11-2012 01:28 PM

I hope I (and my quilts) look that good at 86!

SUZAG 02-11-2012 01:35 PM

Mom and quilt are both beautiful! She really has an eye for color and design! What a nice retirement she has, to be able to quilt to her heart's delight (and others!). I have 12 more years until retirement and I hope I will still be able to quilt and sew...actually, that I make it at least 13 more years...LOL

jillnjo 02-11-2012 01:36 PM

What a happy look your mom has!! And her quilt is dazzling! My mom still pieces as best she can with her declining eye-sight. Mom is 90 and I recently posted many of her quilts on the board here. She was totally amazed at all the response and I could tell how happy it made her to think so many people enjoyed her life work. Tell your mom she's a marvel and I hope to be able to do the same if the Lord gives me life and health at her age.

kwilter 02-11-2012 01:36 PM

I'll bet your mom is as lively as the quilt! Both are gorgeous!

littlehud 02-11-2012 01:39 PM

Mom is beautiful. I love the new quilt. What great fabrics.

NatalieMacDonald 02-11-2012 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 4965546)
What a happy look your mom has!! And her quilt is dazzling! My mom still pieces as best she can with her declining eye-sight. Mom is 90 and I recently posted many of her quilts on the board here. She was totally amazed at all the response and I could tell how happy it made her to think so many people enjoyed her life work. Tell your mom she's a marvel and I hope to be able to do the same if the Lord gives me life and health at her age.

Jiill, can you give the name of your thread of your mom's quilts. I would love to look at them. Thanks.