Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   adding phtos to quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/adding-phtos-quilts-t111010.html)

gammieju 03-26-2011 06:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I posted a message a few weeks ago about how I have learned to copy photos for a quilt and how to make them permanent with the fabric glue and had intended to wait until I had completed this anniversary quilt for gs and gdil but haven't had much time to work on it so am posting pic of wip I use spiritual expressions for editing my pictures however it is no longer availabe but am told printmaster platium 18.1 works similar. They have the option to crop to shape which I love. The quilt really is square but because of how I hung and laid it, it looks so crooked. I don't know how clear these will look as I have never posted pictures here before, but I can tell you that they are very vivid and clear. I have made many memory quilts using the fabric glue and they can be washed forever and the color will not fade. I do not use patterns just think of how I want to design the quilt. Sometimes I use small photos, but on this quilt I took the photos into the editing software and added borders, cropped pic and on the baby pictures, I made a heart in the program then added the baby pictures in the top of the heart then put stars around gs baby pic and hearts around gdil. I love editing pic, and these are 8x 9 pic or there about. If anyone would like to know more about my method or would like to see more pictures I would be very happy to explain how I do them. I hope to get it finished in the next month. I only have shortarm quilting machine on gracie frame. Hope someday to get bigger one but am 68 years old. So will see. Judy

her initial, his will be on other side and last name initial will be at bottom of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175566[/ATTACH]

littlehud 03-26-2011 06:32 PM

I love your quilt. It turned out just beautiful. Great job and thanks for sharing.

gammieju 03-26-2011 06:39 PM

Thank you very much, hgope gdil likes it as much as I loved making it. Love this board.

TacoMama 03-26-2011 06:42 PM

That is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!

tangledthread 03-26-2011 06:43 PM

Beautiful Quilt! Love the colors!

lhavelka 03-26-2011 06:43 PM

Awesome! I am in the process of trying to do one for my father. I was going to get the June Tailor sheets and print it from my printer. I was also thinking of adding borders etc in my program. How do you do your photos? How do you use the glue?

timepasser 03-26-2011 06:48 PM

I am really curious about your method with the fabric glue. Would love more detail

lhavelka 03-26-2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by timepasser
I am really curious about your method with the fabric glue. Would love more detail

Me too!

coastienest 03-26-2011 07:03 PM

COuld you please explain this a little more. I love what yours turned out like. It is so much prettier than just the plan sheets. Thanks so much

marknfran 03-26-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
Awesome! I am in the process of trying to do one for my father. I was going to get the June Tailor sheets and print it from my printer. I was also thinking of adding borders etc in my program. How do you do your photos? How do you use the glue?

I would like to know too.Ok. I clicked on your name and then looked at the listings you made and got all the information. THANK YOU!!!!