Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   All Scrappy Winding Ways Mini (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/all-scrappy-winding-ways-mini-t78860.html)

cjomomma 11-26-2010 04:42 PM

Whoa!! I can't wait to see the tut on you beautiful quilt.

magpie 11-26-2010 04:45 PM

We have to wait 'til tomorrow? Ok it will be worth it. Love the mini. You do some very pretty work.

Luv Quilts and Cats 11-26-2010 04:45 PM

Great Scrappy quilt!

amma 11-26-2010 05:00 PM

Beautiful! I love the optical illusion of this quilt pattern. Good Job :D:D:D

malega 11-26-2010 05:05 PM

I like the darker border, that is so beautiful.

n2scraplvr 11-26-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by magpie
We have to wait 'til tomorrow? Ok it will be worth it. Love the mini. You do some very pretty work.

Yes, everyone, I will be posting that tut for you tomorrow as I'm still working on it tonight. I think it will be a really lengthy one as I'm tired of rushing through my tuts and I want to be thorough and really help you to see how to do this especially the fabric part that I want to linger on as it's the most fun part of a quilt and sometimes the hardest when you're not sure what goes together! Most of the pics have been taken and I'm writing it up now. I love the secondary colors emerging and the more blocks you get together, the more you see those background pieces working overtime shining through! Once you know how to get these fabrics working together for you, then it produces a beautiful quilt!! I thought I would have to do a minimum of at least 16 blocks to see the interplay exchange, but you could see it with 9 blocks so that's where I stopped.

Thank you, magpie, and everyone for your very nice compliments!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's posting!! :D :wink:

candlequilter 11-26-2010 07:32 PM

Love your mini! What is the overall size of your block? I would love to do one.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Looking forward to your tut.

n2scraplvr 11-26-2010 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Love your mini! What is the overall size of your block? I would love to do one.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Looking forward to your tut.

It's a 6-inch block. I wanted the wedges big enough so I determined 3" would do it. Didn't want anything any smaller or anything any bigger. It came together really fast! Amazing!! Thank you so much, Sherryl, and I know others who would love to make one too just like you without the old way of doing it! There's not really time in today's fast lane for archaic methods! Thank you for your sweet kindness!

:D :D ;) ;)

azam 11-26-2010 10:33 PM

I like the darker border, too. Love the scrappy colors. :-) Another to add to my "to do" list.

SulaBug 11-26-2010 11:16 PM

It's just so cute & I love the dark blue border also. You have done a great job making this little treasure!!
:D :D :D :D