Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another day, another berry (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-day-another-berry-t1348.html)

Marcella 07-02-2007 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I begin to wonder if I will ever finish this center medallion, as it keeps "evolving."

Time to panic has arrived, for the wedding is the 19th of August! eek!

The birds and the little tree on the right are from "Critter Caboodle" by Linda Hohag, www.brandywine-design.com

This block measures about 36" square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1805[/ATTACH]

kathy 07-02-2007 05:44 AM

thanks for the peek Marcela, it's looking very nice, I really like the blessing. You're right tho....you better get on the ball! Too bad it's not a virtual quilt, then we could all pitch in and help! LOL
Now get off the puter and get busy, we need to see more.
kathy

Yvonne 07-02-2007 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My sister does nice work, huh?!!
Here's a picture of a pillow she made for my 60th birthday. Such talent!
What a Sis!

Marcella 07-07-2007 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I was going to swap this picture for the first one, but couldn't figure out how. I took you at your word, Kathy, and have been avoiding the computer in favor of stitching. Must finish the "front yard" fast and make the pieced surroundings even faster! Advice welcome (although Yvonne will tell you I can't be counted on to follow it) and finger-crossing gratefully accepted. :-) Nighty-night at 2 a.m. in Seattle.

eek!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55596[/ATTACH]

kathy 07-07-2007 02:44 AM

It's looking good Maecella, it's nearly 6 am in Texas so nap time is over, time to get up and get busy! I've got my fingers crossed for ya.
kathy

Moonpi 07-07-2007 04:42 AM

That poppy pillow is gorgeous!!!! I will file it away inthe back of my head for a someday flower garden quilt.

Marcella 07-07-2007 08:18 AM

Thanks, Kathy, and Moonpi and Yvonne. :oops:

What I could really use, if anybody can help, is advice on Chinese good luck symbols. I've googled a few times and found out red is good luck at a Chinese wedding. Yvonne & I think rabbits might be a good luck symbol too, but I've not been able to confirm that. I know this is the year of the pig, so I thought I might put a little piggy somewhere on the quilt (although I know it seems odd on a wedding quilt!)

The colors started out to match the paint job on my buddy's house, but like I said, this block is Evolving.

kathy 07-07-2007 09:05 AM

i only know the symbol for good and evil!

patricej 07-07-2007 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
perhaps ... surround it with these? or these with yellow borders around the blocks?

ShellyQ 07-07-2007 12:06 PM

What can I say, it's evolving beautifuly :) I simply adore applique. All the best with getting it finished, I'm sure you will, us quilters seem to do so much better when we have a deadline to work to. I know I do :lol:

In the meantime it was nice to meet you and thank you for showing us your lovely work. Please keep posting your progress I'd love to see it.