Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   another ESTATE SALE FIND (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-estate-sale-find-t126582.html)

mimom 05-29-2011 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure how old this fabric is but it is 35" wide

there is 4 different fabrics here, if anybody has an idea of how old they could be
[ATTACH=CONFIG]203985[/ATTACH]

Airwick156 05-29-2011 04:46 PM

The red/blue white on the bottom middle. I don't think that is very old I've seen that before or possible something similar to that. But I could be wrong. :) Nice looking fabric. I really like the blue with the black and white flowers. :)

erstan947 05-29-2011 04:51 PM

Great find. Love the vintage fabrics. I really don't know what year these are from, I would guess 50's-60's. I do know that in the 60's the fabric was 35" wide

Tink's Mom 05-29-2011 04:57 PM

I know that the width of fabrics changed in the mid 60's from 36" to 42-44"

Nice stuff...

mimom 05-29-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
The red/blue white on the bottom middle. I don't think that is very old I've seen that before or possible something similar to that. But I could be wrong. :) Nice looking fabric. I really like the blue with the black and white flowers. :)

I dont like the blue with black/white flowers but it was in the bundle, I'm going to sell it

cjomomma 05-29-2011 05:01 PM

I love the black/white and yellow. I have been collecting those colors.

Tink's Mom 05-29-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by mimom

I dont like the blue with black/white flowers but it was in the bundle, I'm going to sell it

List it on Ebay as vintage...

loreen 05-29-2011 05:04 PM

The middle red, white & blue flower one looks like fabric I had rom nineteen forgetten. My mother told me that it was "fed sack frabric from when she was a girl. She is now in her 80's. I made an apron out of it years ago & used it till it fell apart.

mimom 05-29-2011 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

Originally Posted by mimom

List it on Ebay as vintage...

I will try posting it on here first,

mimom 05-29-2011 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by loreen
The middle red, white & blue flower one looks like fabric I had rom nineteen forgetten. My mother told me that it was "fed sack frabric from when she was a girl. She is now in her 80's. I made an apron out of it years ago & used it till it fell apart.

it doesn't feel any different from regular fabric though, I do have some stuff that has almost like a waxy finish to it but when I hand washed a small piece the finish came off, has anyone ever seen anything like that?