Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   anyone have a Jean S. Lyle Featherweight case? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/anyone-have-jean-s-lyle-featherweight-case-t150066.html)

MaryAnnMc 09-03-2011 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since the case for my new Featherweight, Bitsy, smells so bad I think I'm not going to use it. I found this online, and I'm wondering if any of you have one. What do you think? It's $50. But I bought Bitsy for travel, so I need a safe way to carry her.

nyelphaba 09-03-2011 09:18 AM

I love those cases. Been looking at them online, and I want one. I went to two quilt shows in PA and Lyle was supposed to be there, but they were not. I would like to see one in person. Love it.

grandjan 09-03-2011 09:22 AM

I've got one but haven't noticed any problem with the smell other than the "new canvas" smell which will wear off after awhile. You might want to call them. I found them very good to deal with and I'm really happy with the case.

Anne 09-03-2011 09:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Since I have a large embroidery machine and have two trolleys, I wanted something to protect my featherweight while in route, and opted for a plastic hanging file container purchased from Dollar Tree, Walmart has them too. This way, I can put my FW in my plastic container, put it in my trolley with other sewing accessories for quilting guild, and roll everything in. I also made a bag for my foot pedal so it would not scratch my machine. Just a suggestion and so smelly case :lol:

QUILTNMO 09-03-2011 10:45 AM

only think i have brought from jean is needles

MaryAnnMc 09-03-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Anne
Since I have a large embroidery machine and have two trolleys, I wanted something to protect my featherweight while in route, and opted for a plastic hanging file container purchased from Dollar Tree, Walmart has them too. This way, I can put my FW in my plastic container, put it in my trolley with other sewing accessories for quilting guild, and roll everything in. I also made a bag for my foot pedal so it would not scratch my machine. Just a suggestion and so smelly case :lol:

Now that's a great idea, and very affordable!! I'll go grab one. Thanks for saving me $50! And you are so sweet to take the trouble of photographing and uploading. HUGS!!

Polliwog 09-03-2011 12:18 PM

Jean Lyle so often has just the right accessory - and this is one, for sure. The cost is only part of the value. That shoulder strap looks like the best part of it.

Anne 09-03-2011 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc

Originally Posted by Anne

Now that's a great idea, and very affordable!! I'll go grab one. Thanks for saving me $50! And you are so sweet to take the trouble of photographing and uploading. HUGS!!

I failed to add, I DO NOT use the handle on top to carry the case/machine. I pick it on each side and although I do have the original case for my FW, it does have a smell, this case is perfect for me.

pattypurple 09-03-2011 04:11 PM

I've had one of their cases for probably 10 years. I love it. Never even take my original case out of the storage area. It is designed to protect your machine. Sides are padded and it is very sturdily (is that a word?) constructed. I thin it is $50 well spent. I've also ordered parts from them and have been satisfied