Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Anyone making a Halloween costume in between our quilting projects? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/anyone-making-halloween-costume-between-our-quilting-projects-t70987.html)

Katia 10-18-2010 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made my grandson a dragon costume last week. He got it the other day and I think it might be worn out before Halloween gets here. I like all sorts of sewing but this was a project. I think many clothing and craft patterns must be written by tech writers, not actual people that sew. The tail was heavy and huge and one of the first things you do. So I was flipping that dang tail all over trying to get to other parts to sew. But it was done and sent and loved, so that is the whole point I guess.

Any one else making costumes for their little ones?

Katia 10-18-2010 07:10 PM

It looks like he is standing on one of his dragon feet. My daughter will be fixing that, I hope. She also has to adjust the belly thing. I just tacked it on one side and she will put it where it needs to be. She is also putting some black felt on the bottom of the tail to keep it from getting a hole.

SherriB 10-18-2010 07:10 PM

Such a cute dragon! I made my DGD a Dorothy dress and DGS a Scrarecrow costume. I will post pictures of them when they try them on.

hperttula123 10-18-2010 07:22 PM

that's cute, my little guy got a dragon hand me down costume. My friend gave it to me, so I don't have to worry about him.

dellareya 10-18-2010 08:09 PM

My grandsons and daughter have been visiting us for a couple of weeks. One grandson is 4 and the other one is almost 2.
I made them Mario brother costumes. They are Mario brother crazy in that house. I'll have to get my daughter to take a picture for me. I have to admit they are cute.

np3 10-18-2010 08:26 PM

Cute dragon!

gramqlts 10-18-2010 08:27 PM

He looks so adorable! Such a cute little dragon. I made my grandson a elephant costume with trunk and all when he was 2 and it was a doozie to make. But then the granddaughter came along and mama started putting her in pageants at 4 mos old....talk about a job....the pageant dress was horendous compared to the elephant which I swore I would never do again. She's 2 now and still doing pageants....God help us all! lol

fuail 10-18-2010 08:33 PM

Yep, a marshmallow for the 11yo, a cute witch for the 13yo, the teens are being the Scooby Doo gang, so I'll probably have to do something; my cloak is done (Yes, we all still dress up!) and maybe a bakery uniform like Mommy's for my 6 month-old DGD...not much quilting going on right now!

mbunny 10-18-2010 09:21 PM

Yes, I'm taking a break from quilting to make my 3 1/2 year old a lavender princess dress. However, she says she wants daddy to be a pony so she can ride him, and I'm not touching that idea!

Gramyx7 10-18-2010 09:23 PM

Very cute lit'le dragon there.. :) you did a fantastic job on the costume.