Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   B&W log cabin opinions needed! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/b-w-log-cabin-opinions-needed-t211528.html)

terri bb 01-20-2013 04:06 PM

B&W log cabin opinions needed!

2 Attachment(s)
okay! i have made a total of FOUR 6 inch log cabin blocks in my entire vast 22 months of sewing history. would ya'll please tell me what you think of this? what's it going to look like when like 56 blocks of this are all together? they are 12.5 in blocks right now. i could use a 'trained eye' to see past the end of my nose here! thank you much!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389557[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389558[/ATTACH]

Friendly Quilter 01-20-2013 04:11 PM

I think it is going to look Great, remember the log cabing does not look wright until you put it all togeather. There are 50 ways you can put the block togeather when they are done so keep on working on it you are doing great. In reference to the solid black, either put it in the same place on the block or delete it altogeather. The eye goes to the solid black and you do not see the whole block.

paulswalia 01-20-2013 04:12 PM

I think they will be stunning! You will have great fun trying to decide on a setting for these blocks - I hope you will post photos when done!

Thumbelina 01-20-2013 04:15 PM

To be honest, I really like your squares and the fabrics. I think your doing a good job and your quilt will beautiful when done. Hope you'll post a picture after it's done. You can't receive TOO many pats on the back. Don't give up, we're all here to help encourage you on your journey.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Eva Knight 01-20-2013 04:20 PM

I am working on my 2nd B&W log cabin and I love them. The first one I arranged into a 4 point star. My son loved it and took it home. The one I'm doing now, I arranged into the Broken Star pattern. Both are so pretty. I don't know how to post pic's, but I know yours will be great. Your squares look so much like mine.

coachmatthewsvhs 01-20-2013 04:31 PM

I think you blocks are wonderful!!! still planning a black and white one day.

Rebecca_S 01-20-2013 04:34 PM

I think you are doing good! When I look at your blocks and squint, a couple of the fabrics appear to be "mediums", the small floral print in particular. The log cabin block often has higher contrast between the light side and the dark side than what you have. Mediums can be used to good effect. If you want stronger contrast I would add some lighter whites and darker darks to the fabrics you are using but maybe you want low contrast logs.

KarenK 01-20-2013 04:35 PM

Great job! You are going to have one beautiful quilt!

SusanMarie1956 01-20-2013 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that will be great when finished!!! Love the red in the middle. :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389585[/ATTACH]

#1piecemaker 01-20-2013 05:08 PM

I think it looks great and you are doing an awesome job! Can't wait to see the finished project (on my bed) heheheh!