Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-blocks-t100150.html)

AlyssaR 02-15-2011 06:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are the blocks I painted to hang up in the baby nursery. Now I have to figure out how to make bows to hang them up with. I am beginning to think that the dots need to be a little bigger. I was just very excited to be getting them done.

Any thoughts and ideas? Hope you enjoy.

AlyssaR

craftybear 02-15-2011 06:37 PM

cute

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-15-2011 06:37 PM

Very cute and not too babyish. She will be able to use them for years.

skyle1968 02-15-2011 06:44 PM

Very cute! I have a DGD named Ariannah

xsquilter 02-15-2011 06:45 PM

Well, I guess you're having a girl!!! These are very nice. Hmm, bigger dots? I don't know? On my monitor, they look good. If you're using the ladybug ribbon, & hanging each block with a bow, bigger dots might look overwhelming. Depends on where you're hanging them. As for how to hang with the bows, is there something on the back of the blocks to attach the ribbon to? If not, place the blocks on the wall, place the bow on the wall above, & let the tails of the bow fall down behing the block. It may then look like you have the bow attached to the block. You're probably going to leave the blocks in place until babe grows to the age where she voices how she wants her room decorated! Or if you move, or if you get tired of the blocks!
Just my thoughts. Sorry if I rambled!
Maureen

Coley Banicki 02-15-2011 07:04 PM

very cute!

quiltstodo 02-15-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by xsquilter
Well, I guess you're having a girl!!! These are very nice. Hmm, bigger dots? I don't know? On my monitor, they look good. If you're using the ladybug ribbon, & hanging each block with a bow, bigger dots might look overwhelming. Depends on where you're hanging them. As for how to hang with the bows, is there something on the back of the blocks to attach the ribbon to? If not, place the blocks on the wall, place the bow on the wall above, & let the tails of the bow fall down behing the block. It may then look like you have the bow attached to the block. You're probably going to leave the blocks in place until babe grows to the age where she voices how she wants her room decorated! Or if you move, or if you get tired of the blocks!
Just my thoughts. Sorry if I rambled!

My mother in law use to do it this way for paintings and it really looked like the ribbon was holding them
Maureen

quiltstodo 02-15-2011 08:08 PM

Don't know how my response got added to the post the wrong way sorry

annieshane 02-15-2011 08:09 PM

JMHO, but I think a little large dots here and there will be more dramatic.

Maggie_1963 02-15-2011 08:40 PM

such a cute idea...ladybug theme? Too cute! You could make little dashes on the white part and paint a tiny ladybug like she is tracking across each panel... maybe even onto the wall! Have fun! I know you must be excited!