Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby Quilt for Lewis - FINISHED! PIcs of it and cat pics too! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-quilt-lewis-finished-pics-cat-pics-too-t13194.html)

PrettyKitty 11-14-2008 01:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello you lot!

Thought you might like to see pics of my latest baby quilt. This is quilt number three for me, I am slowly building up my portfolio!

This one is for baby Lewis on his first birthday on the 25th Nov. He is the baby of Greg and Rachel, friends that my brother and I have known for a long time.

I chose bright fun fabrics because Lewis is such a cheerful, happy little lad, and so cheeky too. I got all the fabrics from eBay, except the binding and backing. I love eBay! It was all very cheap.

I’m pleased with it, a few hiccups along the way but not that you’d notice I hope. It’s the first time I’ve tried anything other than straight line quilting. I used a stencil for the border, I’m please with how it came out. I think I am almost ready to have a go at free motion quilting, just need to buy a foot and put together some practice pieces.

I used an indelible laundry marker pen for the label (set it with a dry iron), anyone else tried using laundry pens for labels? It says it’s indelible and is designed to be washed so I’m hoping it will last. I’m going to wash the quilt on Sunday, so have not sewn the label to it yet, but will pin it in with safety pins to see how the ink holds up. If it looks like it fades I will go buy a pigma pen and do a new label.

Anyway, hope you like it! I think the cats do!

PrettyKitty 11-14-2008 01:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)

PrettyKitty 11-14-2008 01:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Jim's Gem 11-14-2008 01:11 PM

Cute quilt. I think it looks great and your quilting looks good too!! Did the cats find something under it?

PrettyKitty 11-14-2008 01:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)

mgshaw 11-14-2008 01:20 PM

Great job!!!! So cute!!!! Kitties might not let you give it to Lewis!!! :lol:

Quilt4u 11-14-2008 01:24 PM

That is so cute. But I don't think it is Lewis's quilt any more. looks like some one else clamed it. You just have to mak them one now; or them may be upset.

shellyp 11-14-2008 01:40 PM

Kitties have gave it the stamp of approval! It looks great. I'm sure Lewis will love it. :-)

Elizabeth A. 11-14-2008 01:47 PM

:D Great job, I love the way the little Pooh bears go all around. Your quilting is getting better as well. :) Now don't go taking that wrong. I mean you've branched out and did a bit more than stitch in the ditch and it looks great.

The one with the kitty under the quilt is to funny! Was that one or both of them?

PrettyKitty 11-14-2008 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
:D Great job, I love the way the little Pooh bears go all around. Your quilting is getting better as well. :) Now don't go taking that wrong. I mean you've branched out and did a bit more than stitch in the ditch and it looks great.

The one with the kitty under the quilt is to funny! Was that one or both of them?

Nothing to take wrong Elizabeth, thanks for such a nice compliment! I enjoyed branching out, my confidence is growing for sure.

It was just Satchmo (the black cat) underneath! They love burrowing, anything laid out on the floor and they dig right under it!