Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Back in my 8th MUF... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/back-my-8th-muf-t214530.html)

GV09 02-22-2013 09:35 AM

Back in my 8th MUF...

3 Attachment(s)
Hello! How are you? I hope that very well!
I... not so much! Lol! : (
Do not always leave us things as we imagine them!
Yesterday I did the quilting on the edge of "My hearts"... but now... nothing I didn't like!
Again I did not choose correctly the color of the thread!
And the design is very nice: are facing double hearts. It is a pity that the quilting is not appreciated because of the color of the thread!
But this time... no I will leave it as well, only to terminate the quilt! He could not see him every day and repent!
So esto will do throughout the weekend: dance with my seam Ripper! It is a hard decision, but I think that successful!
And it is not what this girl was waiting as a birthday gift! Hahaha! : P
To blow the candles this year, I will ask a fairy to help me with the choise of threads of my quilting! : Rolleyes:
If someone has a tip for the choice of thread... grateful it heart!
I leave a photo of the edge with the quilting, a close-up view of the quilting design and another picture from what I already began to unpick!
Wish you all a happy and lovely weekend!
A big hug to everyone!

gramajo 02-22-2013 09:44 AM

A gold instead of the white for the quilting. BTW it's a pretty quilt.

mighty 02-22-2013 10:07 AM

I think maybe a nice shade of gold would look good also!

Helovesme 02-22-2013 11:37 AM

Unpicking is the pits! Your top is beautiful and I agree with the others using a gold thread would look very nice.

quiltstringz 02-22-2013 11:44 AM

I agree with the gold - however I am also wondering if this quilt will be washed and if so will the shrinkage actually camaflouge the thread color? I don't have a lot of experience in that part since I don't think I have ever kept a quilt and washed it.

QuiltnNan 02-22-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5880387)
A gold instead of the white for the quilting. BTW it's a pretty quilt.

my thoughts exactly

Grandma Bonnie 02-22-2013 01:29 PM

Are you saying you are having a birthday this weekend? If so, have a very happy one! I don't think the white looks so bad, but I'm sure a bit darker color (such as gold) would be better. It's a very pretty quilt!

Selena 02-22-2013 02:23 PM

nYou always do such wonderful work Gladys. I'm sorry you're having to rip out-no fun but I do the same thing. I do agree that a gold to match the leaves in the fabric would be great. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

fxsts93kf 02-22-2013 02:39 PM

My personal preference would be a burgundy but a gold would be pretty too. I love your design!

JuneBillie 02-22-2013 04:20 PM

I think your quilt is very pretty, and call me strange, but if you were making it for me, I would be happy with the color white thread as it is. But whatever color you use is ok, because you are making it with love, and your vision. :)