Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   For Bebe, a few pix of Dear Jane.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/bebe-few-pix-dear-jane-t8393.html)

quiltwoman 06-23-2008 11:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Since I was already upstairs in my messy haven, I snapped a few photos of my Dear Jane. These are a few from rows C and K. The ice-cream cone shapes are the border. I made a grid w/ all the rows/numbers. I would pull out a fabric, close my eyes, and jab my pencil at the grid. Whichever one my pencil landed on, that's the one I would make.

I think I have been at it for almost 5 years. I have about 20-25 left to do ( I think!) I really learned to paper piece and applique on this quilt. This one will be a keeper once I finish it....someday.

Have you started her yet?

Julie

Row C (I think)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13184[/ATTACH]

Some border pieces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13187[/ATTACH]

/Row k
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50882[/ATTACH]

Knot Sew 06-23-2008 11:49 AM

EVERTHING HAS SUCH PRECISE EDGES LOOKS JUST ABOUT PERFECT TO ME :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cordelia 06-23-2008 04:10 PM

You are one ambitious trooper. I hate to say it, the triangles look like pizza to me. (Guess it's because I'm hungry.) :lol:

I am fascinated with that Dear Jane quilt and I love all the "baby" dear Janes that spring up from it. It's such a special unique piece of American heritage that all quilters can take part in.

I would love to try to make one one day, but I feel it's beyond my skill level.

Marcia 06-23-2008 04:23 PM

Your blocks are beautiful!! You have done a terrific job. I cannot wait to see it when you get it all together. Did you buy the book or did you have the CD to help with your blocks?

I have 2 friends who just finished Dear Jane quilts-they asked me to make one with them and I just laughed!! It took me 8 years to make that chicken quilt and I think Dear Jane would be the death of me!! (I would die before I got it finished!!)

tlrnhi 06-23-2008 05:32 PM

Looks great to me!!

quiltwoman 06-23-2008 06:11 PM

Marcia,
I bought the book from an on-line bookseller. To think, I passed it up on the Wal-Mart clearance rack and by the time I decided to actually do it, it was many years later.

I'm into year #5, why not go for a few more?? :lol:
Julie

bebe 06-23-2008 06:29 PM

Quiltwoman those look great. Our Dear jane swap club starts in September and we are making 2 blocks for each one in our group for a total of 8 blocks. We will post once we get started. Thanks for sharing !!!

gcathie 06-24-2008 05:11 PM

My goodness that is really nice...way to Go~!!!!

estherblair 06-28-2008 07:56 PM

quiltwoman got to stick my nose in this your blks are wonderful i known a quilt would be outstanding to say the least, Happy Quilting :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Butterflyspain 08-06-2008 06:38 AM

How come I managed to miss this posting. Think probably because you put it under For Bebe I didnīt open it.

Well I am very impressed well done. I love everything you are doing just had to tell you.

Elle